Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Gt vs z06

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSilverSSurfer
the GT looks like a pancake...
Huh? The GT is just a bigger GT40, worldy renowned as one of the best looking cars ever built. Period.

Some of you kids are so damn biased it's silly.
Old 05-23-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Carrera GT, Ferrari Enzo, the 575M, BMW M5, Murciealago, Gallardo, Viper, Saleen S7, the McLaren F1, the F430 (shoot..shy 10Hp)
exactly, look at the cars you just metioned... thats a pretty elite squadron of cars to be a part of and there are only a handful that have the bragging rights that the Zo6 has. that is all besides the point, you are in a very small minority that is trying to say the Zo6 is ugly. And yes i do dig the Zo6 for its powerplant and its price... not mention the handling and other performance features that beat most mid-engine exotics. If you haven't noticed the Zo6 was on nearly every cover of every magazine and everyone is amazed by it. I am sorry that chevrolet didn't make only a certain amount of Zo6's (like the Ford GT which was a stupid mistake) but it speaks for itself
Old 05-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by OldSchoolFormula
Well, the Z06 migh t be a little faster, but g'damn it's ugly, especially when compared with a GT. Look who the Blondes ridigin with.
Hey buddy you might want to lay off the crack a little bit because your are freaking insane! I'm pretty sure that blonde in the GT weighted a metric ton and her ugly *** was way too stupid to realize that her husband just got his rich *** lit up by a ZO6....
Old 05-23-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

mclaren f1, saleen s7,... those cars cost a shitload of money. 200k+ cars will obviously have the world's best engines and amazing exteriors...thats why people want these as supercars. the z06 is based off the vette and is actually available to people who arent shitting out cash. you people bashing the z06 in every aspect because YOU FEEL its bad. well most people on this site think its a pretty badass car, which it is. most of the cars you just listed arent even v8's so you are comparing apples to oranges in every aspect of your argument.

if you hate the z06 so much then dont buy one and go pick up your f1 mclaren instead...
Old 05-23-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Talking

Wow. I never said the Z06 was a bad car. I never said it didn't perform amazingly. I never said it wasn't by far the best bang for the buck in the world in mass produced auto's. It most certainly IS A VERY BAD *** car.

As far as "not v8s", off the top of my head, I'd say they also are all of smaller displacement. Except for the Viper, anyway. But whats displacament in the real world? Nothing. Who cares. Trying to flame the guy with the stock GT because he got run down by a *modded* Z06 is laughable, at best. Especially wth his "one metric ton" wife. I could light up the Z06 for a few thousand bucks, point being? Theres a bit more to being a *supercar* than just being fast. Exclusivity plays a fairly large role. I'm sure some guy cruising around in a 360 Modena or something feels really bad after being lit up by a C5 Z06. Yea, right. Like he gives a hoot.

LT1 - are you even reading this thread? Whos shitting on the Z06 in every aspect? Where are there *feelings* short of the looks of the car? Pay attention. The list of cars I mentioned, while yes, are quite expensive; theres any given number of cars prowling the streets on Friday and Saturday nights, N/A, that make a shitload more than 500HP. Yea, while some might not handle well, might not pass smog, nor might they idle smoothly...but so what? They sure as hell didn't cost as much. The same argument can be made with the Z06 vs any other "refined" supercar. The cost argument is kind of ridiculous in this situation.

So while the Z06 could possibly qualify to be a supercar, in performance alone, it sure is one of the ugliest. Kinda like the Veyron. And the Koenigsegg. Ugly.

The C5 Z06 was just a better looking car. Slower, yes, but better looking. Even with it's now "dated" styling. It looked exotic. It looked sleek and sexy. The C6 Z06 looks like, well, what once was a hot sexy model as a C5, is now a ripped, steroid injected female body builder with arms bigger than your head.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

LT1 - you need to drop that Audi and get some 19's. That'd look a whole helluva lot better. And a Camaro with a WS6 hood? No wonder your not qualified to comment on a cars aesthetics. Hahahaha.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol... i do agree with you on the veyron being ugly, but how exactly do you make the Zo6 look better? its still a corvette that has many similarities of the regular C6... do you not like the normal C6 as well?
Old 05-28-2006, 06:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ChaseSS
lol... i do agree with you on the veyron being ugly, but how exactly do you make the Zo6 look better? its still a corvette that has many similarities of the regular C6... do you not like the normal C6 as well?

I don't really dig the standard C6 much at all. The Z06 just goes over the top.

Personally, I think it would look a TON better with a classier grill, have the rear brake ducts done up llike the C5 Z06, and in FRC form. The cheesy air deflectors around the wheelwells just scream cheap plastic, as well. Functional, yes... but they look like cheap mudflaps.

Then again, my changes would hurt overall performance, too. Guess I'm ricey. LOL
Old 05-28-2006, 01:23 PM
On The Tree

The GT is nice, but just plain ugly. They look very unfinished. It may be highly regarded by car magazines like MT, C&D, and the like. But it just doesn't fit in my garage. Yeah, its fast. But if someone gave me one I would sell it, buy a C6 ZO6, have an equal or better performing vehicle, and invest the rest.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the Ford GT is one of the ugliest 100k+ cars I've ever seen. Vette is much sexier imo.