Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

R34 Skyline LS1 TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No 6 second skylines...i posted the current RB26 Skyline record holder in my previous post. (#36)
Old 01-25-2007, 10:07 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dailydriver
I am fully well aware of the "potential" of the Nippon factory turboed I-6s (if your post was directed at me). But I'm also aware of the smug attitudes of many (most??) of their owners. This is why I stated (with unlimited funds, of course) I would put a domestic V-8 (and I would MAKE DAMN WELL SURE it would kick ANY & ALL Nippon I6s azzes, yes, even your "telephone game" pump gas 2000 rwhp ones!!! ) in their beloved Japanese "epitome of autodom" ride, for the express purpose of pissing the $H!T out of them!!! This goes double for the ers, who don't own one, but would give both of their nuts for just a ride in one. Sorry, but I would take a bolt on C6 Z06 ANY AND EVERYDAY over your Nippon "supacars", no matter how much slower "frumroll" (or dig, for that matter).

Oh yeah, i'm not saying there aren't v8's that won't beat it, or that v-8's arent' more rational to build up compared to the inline 6's. i was just saying on a basic level most people bash them without ever knowing what they're actually capable of. they hit the power wall just like any other motors configuration, you can only go so far unless you build an engine your self to do what you're looking for (ie. fully custom engine). I've seen plenty of turn key N/A V8 1,500 -2,000hp race engines out there for sale. So it's all about the application and how far you can and want to go with it.

I love the fact that they put the ls1 in there, it only makes sense, they need low-end torque for drifiting and it's definately got it. It's what works best for their application.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
also the rb25 doesnt have the power potential of the rb26? ive NEVER heard that. ive heard its just as strong and just as amazing of an engine as the rb26 is.
Maybe the rb25 just doesn't get as much publicity or acclaim because people typically opt to go for the 'best' and choose an rb26 and a GTR (the same way there are fast NA-T 2jz's but most choose to start with the GTE instead of a GE and turbo'ing it later). I've also heard that rb25's have weak pistons/ ring lands as well as rods, they may be similar to rb26's when built, but stock for stock I haven't heard of them being nearly as strong (they also have a poorer aftermarket). The rb25's also rev significantly lower I think; their heads are worse too.

Also, just for kicks:
"The weight difference between an RB25DET rod and an RB26DETT rod is 60.85 grammes, the 26 rod being heavier. Other points to note are the RB25 rod has no oil squirter hole drilled, and uses different length rod bolts.
Piston wise the little end pin is at diffrent height, and the RB25DET pistons use a narrower top and second ring."

http://www.skylinesdownunder.com/for...?postid=376836

Aren't the fastest rb25's in silvias/240s? (in such a case, I would think much of that would be due to the weight of the car)

I'm not trying to get into a pissing match. If you know of any fast or high HP rb25's I'd love to see them.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

what kind of black wheels are on that red skyline.. they look alot like my privat profil's

Quick Reply: R34 Skyline LS1 TT