Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

new dyno video!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by santiago
what is nonsense he stated the differences from 2 dynos?
+1....
Old 07-20-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by santiago
what is nonsense he stated the differences from 2 dynos?
Dynapack is a load baring dyno. You dyno with the wheels off to eliminate tire drag, etc which you cant usually compensate for because everyones tires are different sizes and weights. More acurate reading of the power the car is actually making, although it's at the "axle" instead of the "wheel."

Dynapacks and dynodynamics dynos (same style) usually dyno 15 - 20...well I take that back...about 8 - 10% higher then dynojets. I believe there is a correction method you can set for it, but i'm not toally sure if Rick (synergy motorsports) uses it or not. His seems to to be on par with dynojets lately from what i've seen because at dyno day (when I dyno'd there) he was dynoing stock c6s at 330rw which is about right if not a little low, so. I know it used to be way off when he had the other computer, I believe he told me himself it's more on par with a dynojet now.

He also added a 9 inch between the dynapack and dynojet dynos.

Hope that explanes it well enough.

I was lookin for that video of our race Desean, I had lost it!! Cant even see that i put two cars on ya! hehe =p

Let me know when you want that rematch! My car is quate a bit faster now though, so watch out!! Back then I was still full weight with drag radials and front 275 tires on heavy *** chrome wheels! Prob 200 lbs or more lighter, and the new suspension lets me hook like a motha on the QTPs!! Let's do this!

Last edited by jermzz; 07-20-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Resident

yeah your exhaust reminds me of mine but mine isn't so bad. milder cam it's only making 400 but I have midlengths, no cats, and corsa cat-back. Nice numbers though and gorgeous looking car!
Old 07-20-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jermzz
Dynapack is a load baring dyno. You dyno with the wheels off to eliminate tire drag, etc which you cant usually compensate for because everyones tires are different sizes and weights. More acurate reading of the power the car is actually making, although it's at the "axle" instead of the "wheel."

Dynapacks and dynodynamics dynos (same style) usually dyno 15 - 20...well I take that back...about 8 - 10% higher then dynojets. I believe there is a correction method you can set for it, but i'm not toally sure if Rick (synergy motorsports) uses it or not. His seems to to be on par with dynojets lately from what i've seen because at dyno day (when I dyno'd there) he was dynoing stock c6s at 330rw which is about right if not a little low, so. I know it used to be way off when he had the other computer, I believe he told me himself it's more on par with a dynojet now.

I was lookin for that video of our race Desean, I had lost it!! Cant even see that i put two cars on ya! hehe =p

Let me know when you want that rematch! My car is quate a bit faster now though, so watch out!! Back then I was still full weight with drag radials and front 275 tires on heavy *** chrome wheels! Prob 200 lbs or more lighter, and the new suspension lets me hook like a motha on the QTPs!! Let's do this!
Please PLEASE race again and get a good vid of this!
Old 07-21-2007, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jermzz

so a bigger rear or closer gears dynos less but improves performance?
Old 07-21-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by IGNANt
i still dont get why there are dif. dyno #s, im putting down 430rwhp so ill put out higher on the other one?
your rear tires are off of the car when you dyno on a dynapack. dyna pack is rear axle horsepower. dynojet=rear wheel horsepower
Old 07-21-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by IGNANt
so a bigger rear or closer gears dynos less but improves performance?
Yes, that's correct.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:36 AM
On The Tree

my fault... dyna this dyna that...