Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Talk about lucky....

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk about lucky....

I know this isn't Car related, but i know a lot of you guys are into firearms as well. If not, this falls under a crazy video, which should cover the rest of you guys.
So i thought i'd post it here. I'm also going to post it at the SSU Weapons & Self Defense section.

He's extremely lucky. The end.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=2
Old 07-20-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 07-20-2007, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude i had a fight with my freind about this... i really dont think this is real... for a bullet to compleatly reverse its path like that is sooo unlikely i think youll have a better chance of getting hit by lightening.... and if a bullet even came close to the side of my head id be freaken out that guy didnt go much of anything... i just dont see this happening i think it was fake...
Old 07-20-2007, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Well i can understand calling it a a fake. But, they have perfect sounds, u can physically see it ricochet up off the ground and knock his ear protection off. The timing is dead on too.

And, why would they bother to make it? They would spend more money preparing this "fake" than they would receive in money from websites that pay for content of high interest.

Here's some info/comments i found on the video.

Source:http://ninthstage.com/index.php/2007...-bmg-ricochet/

"Via Accurate Shooter where they say “That’s why you should only shoot low-velocity rounds with soft lead or frangible bullets when shooting at relatively close range.” That might be true if you’re shooting at low velocity but if you’ve ever shot much action pistol you know that low velocity is dangerous with hard-cast lead and jacketed bullets.

Two things that are most important for safe steel shooting are high quality un-cratered steel targets and enough velocity to shatter the bullet on impact.

A crater in a steel target is a disaster waiting to happen. When hit with a bullet, a crater acts like a lens focusing a lead and jacket-fragment jet back towards the shooter. I’ve seen a rifle shooter lay open a 10″ long gash in his forearm after shooting a piece of scrap steel at 100 yards. I’ve been hit in the head, drawing blood, by lead jets while RO’ing a pistol match on good steel some *** had cratered with a rifle. Don’t shoot at steel of unknown provenance and don’t shoot at steel with craters in the impact surface.

Hard-cast lead and FMJ bullets are another problem. A 200 grain bullet in a .45 ACP or .40 S&W shooting 5pf over major is going only 850fps. This is not usually a problem on fixed steel but poppers and plates are made to fall when hit. A nice square hit on a popper is not usually a problem but a second hit, while the popper (or plate) is falling, can result in an intact bullet bouncing off the plate into the sky. I’ve seen a 200 grain H&G 68 hit the ground between me and the plate and do a little dance in the dirt. I’ve had 200 grain .40 FMJ TC bullets fall at my feet with an audible “thump.” That’s part of the game but, if you can, avoid shooting slow bullets at falling steel.

FWIW, a friend of mine builds steel training systems for the DOE, NASA and other alphabet agencies. For his advertising brochure he set up a steel target at one yard and emptied a belt from an M60 into it. Bullet fragments everywhere but no ricochets."

Source:http://accurateshooter.wordpress.com...hocking-video/
"If you have ever done much action pistol shooting at close range on steel targets, you’ll know about the hazards of ricochets and bullet splashback. That’s why you should only shoot low-velocity rounds with soft lead or frangible bullets when shooting at relatively close range. In this video a rather ignorant (yet lucky) fellow demonstrates what NOT to do with a large-caliber rifle (a 50 BMG apparently). He shoots at a steel target about 70 yards away and a bullet fragment comes back directly at him. He was lucky enough that the ricochet just smacked his left ear muff. Another inch to the right and he could have lost his eye… or worse.

Lesson learned–never underestimate the destructive power of rifle-launched projectiles. What appears a “safe distance” from steel may actually be well within the danger zone."
Old 07-21-2007, 03:06 AM
Teching In

I'm sorry, but while I was looking at that one I found this one
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=2

That **** had me LMAO.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:10 AM
On The Tree

that's the same video? lol

I'm guessing you meant this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqOeDW5wu_E

lol....
Old 07-21-2007, 05:31 AM
Teching In

Whoops, yea heh.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Launching!

dayuum....should leave a nice mark on teh head
Old 07-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Banned

I wont read all the posts but it is real.

I was at the range this week to requalify and the officer next to me shot her .38 (yes she is old lol) and the bullet hit the metal stanchon and riccocheted and hit her in the arm.. Caused one hell of a bleeder too!

So, it is real.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Sure is real, was shooting my armalite AR-50 3 weeks ago. hit a 3/4 inch steel plate from 350 yards, sqeezed a round off and about 4 seconds later it fell from the sky and landed 6 feet away from me. Not as violent and the other vid but **** does happend.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:49 AM
Banned

P.S. the .38 was shot from 5 yards away.