Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Charlotte PD Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLP LS1
Someones been eating too many donuts

Haha almost funny except that is most likely wear marks from the patrolmans duty belt and equipment. Good catch though.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
Over here where I live my town confiscated a red WS6 to use as a police car. I asked the officer how they took the car and she (yes female) told me that the owner was pulled over and they searched the car. Found drugs and took the car. She says when that happens the car must 1st goto auction and the money made goes to the state. If the car does not get sold then the police station can claim the car as there own.

The kick in the *** also was that the drugs found in the WS6 was the passengers and he stuffed it in the car. But that does not matter in IL, the owner always takes fault.
Lol if that is the laws around here then almost every kid i know will have their cars taken by the PD.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 79_T/A
Im majoring in law, and this completely dubfounds me. I cant understand how they can confiscate a vehicle like that. Can somebody please explain how this is legal?
NC has a law that IIRC states if the vehicle is knowingly used in the commission of a felony the vehicle can be seized and either auctioned off or used by the dept.

Now as far as the street racing deal, Im not 100% sure on that. But I wouldnt be surprised if it reads with something similar as the above.

Edit: I forwarded this to my buddy who's an LEO, and he gave me this.

When any officer of the law discovers that any person has operated or is operating a motor vehicle willfully in prearranged speed competition with another vehicle on a street or highway he shall seize the motor vehicle and deliver the same to the sheriff of the county in which such offense is committed, or the same shall be placed under said sheriff's constructive possesion.

The vehicle shall be held by the sheriff pending the trial of the person arrested.... the sheriff shall restore the seized vehicle to the owner upon execution by the owner of a good and valid bond, with sufficient sureties, in an ammount DOUBLE of the value of the property upon the acquittal of the person charged with operating said motor vehicle the sheriff shall return the vehicle to the owner therof.

Selling for auction: however, if the court should find that such equipment and modifications are so extensive that it would be impractical to restore said vehicle to its origional manufactured condition, then the court may order that the vehicle be turned over to such governmental agency or public official within the territorial jurisdiction of the court as the court shall see fit to be used in the performance of official duties only and not for resale

Last edited by Ling_650vette; 03-01-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bet the cops will not even be able to handle the car come catch me buddy
Old 03-01-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Unfortunately, Law enforcement can confiscate any vehicle that is used during the commission of certain felonious acts. The drivers were probably given the choice between surrendering their vehicles or paying a FAT fine. Really sucks if you think about it. Makes you not want to street race. If my car had better handeling characteristics, and wasn't set up for the drag strip, then i don't know if I would stop. Especially if I had 600-700 rwhp. There is no way they could catch you as long as you could keep it under control. The trick would be to get away before they could call for reinforcement up ahead, or the chopper. Once they have multiple units, getting away seems to me like it becomes far less likely.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

all i have to say is if a cobra or 350z with a front mount intercooler and cabon fiber hood tried to pull me over i would not stop.... how many ricers do you see with leds all over there cars start flashing there lights if they wanna race or just show off. have a fun time in court with that, Police: why didnt you stop???????????? ME: well when a loud fast car starts riding my *** and flashes there led lights, i would probly think this guy is a crazy ricer trying to race behind me and swirve through traffic i normally would try to elude this type of person....... thats why police use a standard type police car so not anybody can pretend to be a cop and they sould be a marked patrol car if the are going out to pull ppl over. if i remeber in the early 90's there was a guy pulling women over in a mustang unmarked pretending to be a cop fake jacket and crap them would get them out of the car and rape them thats why you cant do **** like that. f*cking dumb!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
"the cobra has 550 after the stuff was removed"? <--WTF
If my car was impounded and then was taken for police duty, i would find where its at and send a moltov cocktail through the window in the middle of the night.
-Joel
same here
Old 04-28-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

ACAB!!!

personally i would not stop for those guys. I would just tell them that i thought that it's some guy playing a joke....