Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Issue with MJs1FastSS

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue with MJs1FastSS

Decided to purchase a freshly painted (spray can) berger panel from him a two weeks ago. The panel arrived on Christmas eve morning but had sustained paint damage because of the way it was packaged. Newspaper was stuck to the panel virtually everywhere and left the paint looking like crap. From looking at the panel, when he packaged it up, the paint wasn't completely dry yet. The panel was wrapped in newspaper tightly which completely messed up the paint. Pictures below. He told me that this has never happened to him before but that's irrelevant. He messed up this one pretty bad..

He said he'll refund my money ($95.00) but I have to ship the panel back to him first, which costs about $35.. I will absolutely not pay to ship this panel back.. He can either send me a prepaid label or send me the money on top of my refund to ship it back to him. The damage incurred on the panel because of the way he packaged it. It's not my fault he wrapped the panel tight with newspaper before the paint was completely dry. I was purchasing a mint tail panel and it's not what I got. Why should I be out $35 and get absolutely nothing in return? He made the mistake, thus he should bear the responsibility.

I'm giving him until Wednesday to figure something out or else I'm contacting my credit card company. I really don't think he's going to do anything from his demeanor from his pm's to me. He's also not good at returning pm's. He log's on, surfs the site, but doesn't respond to my pm's. He said he doesn't check messages until he's home or something but whatever, It's funny that he was replying almost instantly right when I was first purchasing the panel when he said he was out of town. THANKFULLY I paid through my CC on paypal so I'll be covered, but it's a long process but if I have to do it I will.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Credit card dispute initiated. No response from seller. Refuses to make right out of this situation.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

1. Have him paypal you $3.99 for a spray paint can

2. Transfer the money into your bank account

3. Go to Wal-Mart and purchase a Krylon Paint Can

4. Spray the newspaper damaged panel

5. Problem solved

I see no damage to the panel that can't be fixed with spray paint. Not that big of a deal since it has already been painted with a spray can. Now if this was a damaged powder coated item then that would be another story.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
1. Have him paypal you $3.99 for a spray paint can

2. Transfer the money into your bank account

3. Go to Wal-Mart and purchase a Krylon Paint Can

4. Spray the newspaper damaged panel

5. Problem solved

I see no damage to the panel that can't be fixed with spray paint. Not that big of a deal since it has already been painted with a spray can. Now if this was a damaged powder coated item then that would be another story.
If it was that easy I would have just bought a $3.99 can and sprayed my own panel that's sitting on my car. I never would have bought his. I've tried spraying a panel before and it didn't come out the way I wanted it too, hence why I decided to purchase a freshly painted mint piece from here. I don't mind buying a spray painted panel as long as it is mint, and I was told it would be.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PACKERSz28Camaro
If it was that easy I would have just bought a $3.99 can and sprayed my own panel that's sitting on my car. I never would have bought his. I've tried spraying a panel before and it didn't come out the way I wanted it too, hence why I decided to purchase a freshly painted mint piece from here. I don't mind buying a spray painted panel as long as it is mint, and I was told it would be.
Get some sand paper, sand down the face and any areas paper is still attached. Respray in nice even coats..it's really not that hard. I did it to mine, picked up an extra panel at the junkyard cost me 20 bucks then 6 bucks for paint and like 3 bucks for sand paper. Made a few mistakes resanded and resprayed eventually came out perfect. Pretty happy with it for my first time painting anything.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right out of this situation....really? haha

I stated send me back the panel in good shape fiberglass not cracked then i will refund you the money no problem.

you are not going to get refunded $ and keep a panel PERIOD.

I will add upon arrival and not broken then i will spilt the shipping cost. (not a problem at all)

i will be out shipping 45bucks who cares...not a big deal its one panel.

Instead of acting immature and posting nonsense get the story right. Years on this site then dealing with someone like this....

yeah when i am infront of my labtop sure ill respond quicky as I can, I am online. Over the 24th 25th 26th was pissed for no reply due being out of town... get real dude.... sorry family is a little more important than to respond and log in and reply to everyone who is sending Pm's on x-mas that can wait. While ON MY CELL YES I CHECKED TECH AND IN FACT EVEN BROWSED THE SITE (wow big deal)......... but I do not reply until I do infact get home as he did infact state.

His attitude for me not replying on those days was that of a child. Not a big deal if you would have came at me a little different with your words
my rating and rep speaks for itself. first incidence .... i will no longer post on this thread he knows what to do .....
Old 12-31-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MJs1FastSS
Right out of this situation....really? haha

I stated send me back the panel in good shape fiberglass not cracked then i will refund you the money no problem.

you are not going to get refunded $ and keep a panel PERIOD.

I will add upon arrival and not broken then i will spilt the shipping cost. (not a problem at all)

i will be out shipping 45bucks who cares...not a big deal its one panel.

Instead of acting immature and posting nonsense get the story right. Years on this site then dealing with someone like this....

yeah when i am infront of my labtop sure ill respond quicky as I can, I am online. Over the 24th 25th 26th was pissed for no reply due being out of town... get real dude.... sorry family is a little more important than to respond and log in and reply to everyone who is sending Pm's on x-mas that can wait. While ON MY CELL YES I CHECKED TECH AND IN FACT EVEN BROWSED THE SITE (wow big deal)......... but I do not reply until I do infact get home as he did infact state.

His attitude for me not replying on those days was that of a child. Not a big deal if you would have came at me a little different with your words
my rating and rep speaks for itself. first incidence .... i will no longer post on this thread he knows what to do .....
Sorry that I waited 24 hours, didn't receive a response to my PM, so I look at your profile and see you were on earlier in the day.. This occurred two straight days..and I thought it was fishy..I know you say you were with family and out of town but you still logged in and surfed the site hence I though you read but weren't responding to my pm's. You have to come from my perspective as well. Child..Immature? Far from. I've never been taken on this site before and this was screaming it to me..

I'll split shipping. I wish you would have just stated that in your PM to me and I wouldn't even have opened this thread. You said once you get the panel back you'll refund me the $95.00. I don't mind paying half. Panel will be on the way to you tomorrow in the same packaging I received it in.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump.

Last edited by PACKERSz28Camaro; 02-04-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is fine with me ERIC I will be waiting , Like i stated when coming to open the package from this guy as is was delieverd yesterday open it with more than one person around.....hey what do you know a broken panel i cannot re-sell or do anything with..... that was stupid on your part knowing I was going to split the shipping cost with you reguardless but you mindlessly forgot to put 2-3 dollar insurance just like i had on the package to you for 100.00 from USPS come on man seriously. You put the tracking on but not the other. I stated this aboveand long before (shipped to not cracked) because i have recieve cracked fiberglass in the mail before. If it was damaged in shipping sure you file a claim and have a check sent to you in 2-3 weeks easy as that and most of the time they refund the shipping cost as well, I am Writing my claim for paypal right now for this nonsence. my package was sturdy and paint was messed up sure, but my panel's fiberglass was not cracked due from shipping this would be and easy fix if you put 2-3 dollars on top of the shipping cost werid right

here are the pics taken today 1/22 OUT OF THE BOX as sent to the OP , and i do agree about karma , only surround myself in a positive manner

Last edited by MJs1FastSS; 01-22-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

karma is a bitch
Old 01-23-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MJs1FastSS
that is fine with me ERIC I will be waiting , Like i stated when coming to open the package from this guy as is was delieverd yesterday open it with more than one person around.....hey what do you know a broken panel i cannot re-sell or do anything with..... that was stupid on your part knowing I was going to split the shipping cost with you reguardless but you mindlessly forgot to put 2-3 dollar insurance just like i had on the package to you for 100.00 from USPS come on man seriously. You put the tracking on but not the other. I stated this aboveand long before (shipped to not cracked) because i have recieve cracked fiberglass in the mail before. If it was damaged in shipping sure you file a claim and have a check sent to you in 2-3 weeks easy as that and most of the time they refund the shipping cost as well, I am Writing my claim for paypal right now for this nonsence. my package was sturdy and paint was messed up sure, but my panel's fiberglass was not cracked due from shipping this would be and easy fix if you put 2-3 dollars on top of the shipping cost werid right

here are the pics taken today 1/22 OUT OF THE BOX as sent to the OP , and i do agree about karma , only surround myself in a positive manner

I have shipped many of these and UPS is hard on them. I would say 1 out of 5 get broken. You cannot please some people.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Formulized94
I have shipped many of these and UPS is hard on them. I would say 1 out of 5 get broken. You cannot please some people.
It sure doesn't take much to please me Formulized. Just ship me what I was purchasing in the stated condition. I guess that's too much to ask eh? The seller didn't package the panel properly to begin with and I shipped the panel back EXACTLY how he shipped it to me.

Whatever. I'll let paypal and capital one take it from here. I'm done! I've got a Championship game to watch and worry about.

Last edited by PACKERSz28Camaro; 01-23-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PACKERSz28Camaro
It sure doesn't take much to please me Formulized. Just ship me what I was purchasing in the stated condition. I guess that's too much to ask eh? The seller didn't package the panel properly to begin with and I shipped the panel back EXACTLY how he shipped it to me.

Whatever. I'll let paypal and capital one take it from here. I'm done! I've got a Championship game to worry about.

championship game?
Old 01-23-2011, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by baseball19
championship game?
NFC Championship. Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears
Old 01-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Banned

haha thought so
Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Launching!

I was going to stay out of this thread, but after seeing the panel cracked I don't think that I can hold my tongue any longer.

I had the exact same issue with MJs1FastSS, so I sympathize with you completely. He sent me a poorly rattle canned berger panel that had similar marking to yours (though admittedly not as bad... but like you said, I paid for "mint"). So for him to tell you that it's never happened, that's a flat out lie.

Anyhow, same situation where he would refund no money until it was received back by him... I can understand that. But the whole time he was complaining how much money he was out and of course took longer to reply than when he had a product to sell. Was not pleasant at this point...

Wouldn't you guess it though?! When he received the panel from me, packaged exactly the same as had been received by me, it was cracked! To his credit, I had called his local post office to confirm his story about the box being dented upon arrival. It's certainly possible that it truly was damaged in shipping, but it seems awful fishy that they are 2 for 2 being shipped out and 0 for 2 being returned. Fortunately I had insured the package, so he was able to file a claim but I made sure I got my money (the purchase price + half return shipping) regardless of the claim status.

I am so sorry he is now doing the exact same thing to someone else. I never spoke up because the issue had been resolved. I absolutely would not do business with him again, and I would caution others of the same.

p.s. OP that was really dumb not to insure your package
Old 01-23-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dhowdy
I was going to stay out of this thread, but after seeing the panel cracked I don't think that I can hold my tongue any longer.

I had the exact same issue with MJs1FastSS, so I sympathize with you completely. He sent me a poorly rattle canned berger panel that had similar marking to yours (though admittedly not as bad... but like you said, I paid for "mint"). So for him to tell you that it's never happened, that's a flat out lie.

Anyhow, same situation where he would refund no money until it was received back by him... I can understand that. But the whole time he was complaining how much money he was out and of course took longer to reply than when he had a product to sell. Was not pleasant at this point...

Wouldn't you guess it though?! When he received the panel from me, packaged exactly the same as had been received by me, it was cracked! To his credit, I had called his local post office to confirm his story about the box being dented upon arrival. It's certainly possible that it truly was damaged in shipping, but it seems awful fishy that they are 2 for 2 being shipped out and 0 for 2 being returned. Fortunately I had insured the package, so he was able to file a claim but I made sure I got my money (the purchase price + half return shipping) regardless of the claim status.

I am so sorry he is now doing the exact same thing to someone else. I never spoke up because the issue had been resolved. I absolutely would not do business with him again, and I would caution others of the same.

p.s. OP that was really dumb not to insure your package
Thanks for the post. I guess it's not really a surprise to see it happened to someone else. Man, I should have passed on the deal when he asked me to pay a week early. Ugh. Feedback doesn't mean anything these days.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just got off the phone with paypal. Paypal does NOT REQUIRE the buyer to return any damaged or un-damaged good with shipping insurance. All that is needed is delivery confirmation. Just to let others know.

Last edited by PACKERSz28Camaro; 01-27-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Oh, that's really good to know. Guess I'm the dummy then At least I didn't need to arbitrate through paypal...
Old 02-03-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Won the dispute and received my money back from paypal.

Quick Reply: Issue with MJs1FastSS