Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

mario89 refuses to take back rearend

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it helps, I have a 2001 year 10-bolt axle, 3 channel, 3:42 gears. really low miles(from Cleveland PAP) not sure which diff is in it, but I can look.

I'm just beginning to part out a 1994 Camaro built to all LS1 specs. I'm in Ohio so you could check it out in person, and/or drive the car before buying the rear.

best wishes for coming to a conclusion on this sale.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Smo's04Gto
I would post all of his info on as many sites as I could with the details and let the games begin. Next would be a road trip. It's amazing what a google search does for people good and bad but the ino needs to be posted.

Good Luck.
Yes, I will be posting up everything if this doesn't get resolved. I am giving him time to get back with me first.

Originally Posted by Rafedial
If it helps, I have a 2001 year 10-bolt axle, 3 channel, 3:42 gears. really low miles(from Cleveland PAP) not sure which diff is in it, but I can look.

I'm just beginning to part out a 1994 Camaro built to all LS1 specs. I'm in Ohio so you could check it out in person, and/or drive the car before buying the rear.

best wishes for coming to a conclusion on this sale.
I appreciate it and will keep it in mind, but am really needing something with 3.73s or lower in it.

Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes, guys.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well, I figured I would update you all on the latest with mario89.

Mario actually called me on Wednesday, September 5th. He told me that it was a rearend from someone he knew that was upgrading to a 9 inch. He bought the rear and was given the information about the rear by his friend (3.73s, new eaton posi, 3 channel) and posted what he was told. He didn't bother popping the cover to check. Obviously, the information was wrong. He still claimed it was rebuilt by Speed Inc, however, and gave me the name of the guy who supposedly had it rebuilt. I called Speed Inc and they had no record of it being rebuilt by the person. I called Mario back and told him the rear needed to be returned and the money refunded--shipping included. He didn't want to take the rear back or give me my shipping money back. Instead he told me if I sold it for what I could get for it, he would give me the difference for the money I had originally spent on the rear ($385), minus the shipping (which was another $88). I told him this wasn't the right way to handle things--he described a part incorrectly and needed to make it right. He went on to tell me it was partially my fault! He said I should've asked him more questions about it and confirmed all the information on the rear before buying. Really!!??? So, I always need to assume everyone who sells me something is lying about everything?? Anyway, I was not happy with his offer and told him I would think about it and call him back. I PM'd the mods to update them and spent a couple days thinking about other options and waiting to hear back from the mods. I called him back on Sunday, Sept 9th to tell him I wasn't going to accept his offer, but had a couple other solutions. I couldn't get a hold of him, so I left him a message telling him to call me back when he could. I also texted the same to him. He replied back with a couple texts, telling me I had waited too long and he was too busy but that he would call me back that week some time. I waited all week. Nothing. I called, left a message, and texted him again the next Sunday, Sept. 16th. Nothing. I waited almost another week and called him again Saturday night, Sept. 22nd. Nothing. I haven't heard anything from this guy for 2 1/2 weeks, and he hasn't given me ANY kind of fair resolution.

I have been MORE than patient and reasonable. I have always attempted multiple times to reach Mario in private before posting anything up in public. I am in the right, and have given Mario plenty of opportunities to make this right. He has blamed me for part of this and has avoided my attempts to reach him.

Mario: WHAT IS YOUR DEAL?? TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR MISTAKE!! I have given you the benefit of the doubt this whole time, thinking you might have been mistaken about the rear yourself. According to your description of being told the info from your friend, I was correct, but I was also believing you would do what was right and refund the rear when you found out the rear's condition. I was obviously giving you too much credit. I will not allow you to take advantage for my shipping costs and get me to sell your rear for you.

To anyone reading this: STAY AWAY FROM MARIO89! Do not ignore the many on here who know his reputation and can vouch for his shadiness. Don't buy his crap. It's not worth whatever part you need or whatever deal he may be offering.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Small claims court. Problem solved.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:45 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Mario89 is no longer a member.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

bout damn time!
Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Sadly booting mario89 solves very little. He could come back as mario90 and start ripping people off all over again.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:01 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by SickDenali
Sadly booting mario89 solves very little. He could come back as mario90 and start ripping people off all over again.
Perma ban IP address.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:30 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
I've waited two years to read that

Attachment 728615
Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well done mods, protect us poor car guys
Old 10-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally a mod that has done something to help tech,thank you from all of us,op i hate to say it but small claims court is going to be your only option,or take a long ride and chuck that rear threw the ******** back hatch,the guy is trash ,he didnt wanna do paypal because it was a easier way to put the shaft to you,i find it funny that it was his rearend that was just rebuilt blah,blah,blah then oh well its my buddys,sorry to hear about what happend if he was in my area i would try and help ya get things solved,this ******* should have been banned the second time this happend,no offense to some of the mods but a few of them spend most of there time screwing around with members that do nothing but help people vs not doing anything about members that are a real issue,i hope you come out of this with your money back at least
Old 10-06-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I've waited two years to read that

ditto,
Old 10-06-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Thank you, Moderators. I really appreciate your willingness to draw the line here. I've learned a lot through this experience and hope it never happens again.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:41 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Sorry to hear about things like this!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Finally a mod that has done something to help tech,thank you from all of us,op i hate to say it but small claims court is going to be your only option,
Yeah, the thing about small claims court is that people in general, especially white trash garbage like this mario guy, are so intimidated by it that even providing documentation that you've started the process is enough to make them come clean. People like this generally have priors, are worried about their past coming to light, all sorts of things that probably wouldn't actually happen of course but they are too stupid to know better. Best of luck whatever you do
Old 10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Launching!

It's jackholes like this that make me scared to buy anything from people on forums. The last item I bought from here I drove two hours to pick it up just to make sure I wasn't getting ripped. 99% of people on the forums are good.... but then there are the Mario98s out there.

I wish you luck with resolving this, and if you ever are on your way to visit "Mario" swing through Toledo, I'll ride with ya. People like this **** me off, and I'd love to help ya chuck that 10 bolt through his rear hatch!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why the moment someone mentions they don't use Paypal you kindly

Quick Reply: mario89 refuses to take back rearend