Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

V68Sweep Bad Dealings

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default V68Sweep Bad Dealings

I bought a car from V68Sweep on May 12, 2015 and while at first I really thought I was getting a good deal, I now have a car that I cannot even register. Here is the link to the for sale ad:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...s1-camaro.html

I was told numerous times by the seller that the car would pass smog upon installation of the provided Y-Pipe. However, once I went to install it is when everything started to come to light. The "custom true dual exhaust" was nothing more than the Y-pipe disconnected from the cats. The Passenger side cat had been cut and installed up by the manifold so bolt-on installation of the Y-Pipe was not gonna happen. I spent many hours welding and fitting the exhaust back up to his "custom true duals". Once I finally got that straight, took it to a smog shop, won't pass due to it missing the PCV system, Smog Pump, and the EGR system was modified/bypassed(which cannot be fixed without replacing the whole unit). I kept searching around for a shop that would't be so picky, I finally found one that it passed visually. However, it did not pass the sniffer. It failed all gasses, 15 and 25mph. There are a few other issues with the car that were found but I didn't expect a perfect car so I will let those slide. But due to the major problem with the smog equipment on this car, I am stuck with a car I cannot register and I will have to part the car out to recoup my money.

I was sold this car with no title. He claimed he lost the title but transferred ownership to me via lost title application(which is legit in CA) and bill of sale. After talking to the DMV, I asked him if I could transfer it back to him, have him apply for lost title(which I even offered to pay for) and then once it comes in, mail it to me so I can register this in my home state. He however, has since ignored me and refuses to help.

This whole horrible situation I am in could be fixed by something so simple but I guess you live an learn. I saw all the red flags but ignored them since he seemed very sincere and honest. I just wanted everyone to know and to be aware if you are doing any dealings with him.
Old 06-24-2015, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:
After talking with the wife and biting the bullet, I bought new cats, a smog pump and a PCV system, the car finally passed smog and was able to get the car registered. I was waiting for the title to come in the mail before I believed it, but it's official now. If all of the issues had been disclosed during the sale then this never would have even been a big deal. Of course then again, I wouldn't have bought it then either.

Quick Reply: V68Sweep Bad Dealings