Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware - LS1TENNESSEE

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 04:24 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beware - LS1TENNESSEE

I purchased a LS1 pullout from LS1TENNESSEE about 2.5 years ago (long time I know) and I paid a premium - $2500. He swore it ran strong. When it arrived, first thing i saw was a MASSIVE goober weld on the starter ear of the block - I'm assuming it cracked and he attempted to repair it. Like a fool, I let it slide.

I bought it to use in my RX7 swap, so the motor did not run for a little over 1 year (lots of trial and error with the swap, it was my first one). Literally, every single accessory that came with this motor has failed. Water pump, alternator, starter, etc. The starter won't stay tight bc of the weld. Whats more, right when I thought I finished my build and started looking for tuners, I realized it didn't simply need tuned - it had 50% leak down on cylinder #7. I pulled the pan and found glittery oil and a bunch of metal on the drain plug.

I PMd him several months ago, and have never heard back. I know this is from an earlier transaction, but I did not realize the motor was bad until after the rest of the build was completed, not to mention i wanted to give him a chance to explain.

I am not a rich man - this set me back thousands of dollars and years of build time I will never get back. Ive since sold the entire project, and bought a completely different car. Im now starting over, and picking up the pieces.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this guy. I have nothing to gain from this (i know better than to expect anything back from this POS) besides the satisfaction of knowing that I might help someone else avoid making the same mistakes.