12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know, i told him that also?
Old 02-04-2006, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by burnt501
DuronClocker said
"I asked him if he could take pictures of the box and envelope that he received so that I could view it to see what I thought could have happened"

to me, this shows doubt and if DuronClocker buys as many parts as he says he does the chances of him mixing up payments and purchases increases greatl especially if he was tired after a long day of helping a friend with his car.

my thoughts

but who the f*$@ am i?
I would like to clear a few things up here, realizing I can't save the $50 I lost, but trying to save character at least. I asked for pictures of the box/envelope so that I could try to get an idea of what may have happened, if anything, between it leaving my work and arriving at his house.

I said that I 'have bought' many things, not that I am buying many things currently. Wish I could, but I don't have the money right now. Trying to finish a 10second car with an $8/hr job doesn't work very well. In fact, this is the only non-Paypal transaction I was doing recently.

I'm not pointing fingers at anybody, so there is no reason to get so defensive. I am/was simply stating the fact to him that I know I put money in the envelope (yes, I know not to send cash in the mail because there's no proof...I know, I just wasn't able to get to the bank/post office in a reasonable amount of time and didn't want to make him wait any longer for my payment to arrive. Was originally going to be a money order in a regular envelope through the mail, but the post office was closed when I got off work, even the day I tried to get off early and get there, so I figured I would send $50 cash through UPS instead, seeing as I believed it would be safe in transit inside two UPS shipping materials and tape.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I sold duron parts last week, and have had absolutely no issues with him. seems fair, and on the up and up. I think both are pissed because of lost money. After dealings that I have had with ups, anything is possible at this point in my mind. I obviously have no idea what has actually taken place, all i am sayin is that he seems pretty straight up when it comes to online deals from this forum.

Chris
Old 02-09-2006, 10:48 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,207 Likes on 773 Posts

We just got a package from my mother-inlaw via US post, and someone tore the corner of the box looking inside... and an envelope inside was opened. I am bringing thet box to USP to show them. We did not have money sent but it would have been stolen.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I just did business with Mustang Hat'R. Everything went as smooth as it possibly could. I bought 2 bullet mufflers with turndows from him. He told me everything about them, didn't try to sneak anything by or any of that bullshit. Good guy in my book.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm jumping in a little late here, but I wanted to add my two cents...

Recently bought a LS6 intake from Duron and the transaction was great. Easy to deal with, fast shipping, and good communication.

Matter of fact, he went out of his way to email me telling me he had one for sale when he noticed I was asking about one in a different post. Most folks won't do that.

I'd gladly deal with him again and would encourage others to do so as well.

Thanks Duron!
Marv
Old 02-21-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Resident

its odd he says he got the box but there wasnt anything in it...in my experience, if indeed the carrier did steal the money, they would have destroyed the box...either way

Originally Posted by Havok2
dont send cash in the mail. no proof.

that simple..?

i concure...lesson learned
Old 02-23-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default I doubt UPS stole it

I have a very hard time believing that UPS would open two sealed UPS packages on the chance there maybe money in there and then re-package both the box and envelope. And, it would have to be a new envelope at that (pull string).

Seeing the package arrived in the same condition it was packed I think there are three possibilities,

First, the money was there and the seller has it...

Second, it was never put in the envelope...

Third, Someone at your work knows there was money in the box, took it and repacked the envelope and box...

Just my 2 cents...
Old 02-24-2006, 02:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Either agree to re-send the money, or call it off. Only real options left. Take it to PM regardless.

Too many third parties have chimed in here.

Quick Reply: WTF do I do.