Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Half-n-half please get it DONE! :RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post Half-n-half please get it DONE! :RESOLVED

I wish I didnt have to do this, but perhaps it will motivate the seller to complete his end of the deal.

I requested goods here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-wanted/652112-wtb-used-efilive-v1-lc-1-a.html

Over two weeks ago on Feb 4th I sent half-n-half $575 for EFIlive and an LC-1. Since then I've recieved no communication unless I contact him. Each time I've contacted him I've been responded to with an excuse. I tried to keep a cool disposition since he has a good trader rating and is a long time poster here..

At this point I have started a paypal dispute, but have not elevated it yet. I would MUCH prefer he just get the stuff shipped out. A refund would be time consuming and force me to find another seller and potentially go through all the hassle yet again.

Here are the messages we've exchanged:

Title(ill do them both for)
half-n-half(feb 4th):
575 shipped.

MawneeC5(feb 4th):
Done, whats your paypal addy ?

half-n-half(feb 4th):
*********@comcast.net
sounds good.
i will ship it on monday or tuesday.

MawneeC5(feb 4th):
Payment Sent!

half-n-half(feb 4th):
recieved...
as said before will go out tomorrow or tuesday...
what address would you like it to go to?
thanks!

Mawnee(feb 4th)
*sent address*

---Fast forward to thursday Feb 8th. At this point I've heard nothing---

MawneeC5(feb 8th):
Any luck getting them shipped out ?

half-n-half(feb 8th):
i had the box for the LC-1 mounted above my transmission and i had a hell of a time getting the trans out by myself...(the kmember is out too) so i had a friend stop by and we got it out and now i have it all ready to go.. sorry for the couple of day delay it will be on its way to you tomorrow for sure...
i do apologize..

MawneeC5(feb 8th)
No worries. Thanks for the updadte

-----Fast forward yet another week. Again no word so I sent an email on thursday.--

Mawnee(email)(Feb 15th)
Not to be a pest, but any word on the expected devilery date?

half-n-half(Feb 15th)
bad news....
i shipped them out via USPS and i used the paypal thinga nd set it up for standard box or whatever and it wound back up on my doorstep... i need to change the box it is in and drop it back off...
sorry about the delay i truly apologize i dont know why they do this half of the time....

Mawnee(email)(feb 15th)
I'm sorry, but at this point you must understand that this is feeling like I got scammed. In our initial transaction you said it would ship monday or tuesday no problem.

Then zero communitcation until I contact you on Thursday. Then the excuse about the removing it from your car(why sell something you dont have ready to ship?)

Then again, no confirmation, shipping number, its on the way... whatever. I let it go for another 6 days before once again I have to bring it up with you. Now I get another excuse and its not even on the way yet.

Also, when you ship through paypal I should recieve an email from them that you are prepraring to ship the item.....I did not.

I'm sorry, but I gave you a decent chuck of money nearly two weeks ago. Prompt shipping and a little communication shouldnt be too much to ask. I've tried giving you the benefit of the doubt....

At this point I'm going to have to insist upon 2nd day delivery(its not a big/heavy box) and a valid tracking number emailed to me by monday. If by monday I havent recieved a tracking number I will take this up with paypal. If by some chance you have already shipped it....and didnt get a tracking number, I'll reverse any negative feedback through paypal and resend payment when I recieve it.

half-n-half(feb 16th)
and this brings up another topic.. does your laptop have a serial bus?
if not you will need one to program anytying that you want into the Lc-1
i have a usb to serial adapter that i will include for free for teh delay if you need it.
sorry man, let me know
thansk
Louie

Mawnee(Feb 16th)
I was going to pick one up. I'd appreciate that. Let me know if the 2 day shipping is costly, I'll gladly paypal you the cost.

----------------------

He has yet to read my last PM sitting in his box since friday and it is now tuesday. Even thoguh he posted here yesterday:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...32#post6485332

Maybe I'm expecting too much...but when I sell something it ships the next day by 9:30am and they have a tracking number PMed/Emailed to them. I cannot fathom how someone could accept money from someone and not feel obligated to finish their end of the bargian as quickly as possible and communicate with the buyer that thier items are on the way.

As I said I have begun the dispute process with Paypal, but have NOT elevated it to seek a refund yet. I would much prefer he just get off his *** and get the items to me NOW.

Last edited by MawneeC5; 02-20-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Proceed with a refund. Chose a Sponsor or seller whom you can call, email and pm that will respond in a timely manner.

When he stated he did not have the part removed but sold to you, that is a red flag of someone you may not want to continue the sale with.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

He has now provided Paypal with a USPS tracking number. He also continues to be polite and apologetic. So I'm gonna leave the dispute pending through paypal and give it a little more time to arrive. Seems like everything may workout

Last edited by MawneeC5; 02-22-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:02 AM
11 Second Club

Took 3 weeks, but finally got the stuff
Old 04-03-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

whoa.. i never even knew this was here... sorry about this mawneeC5 at the time i thought my car was going to come apart quicker than it did... i hope everything went well post the delay...

Louie