Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

HELP!!! Need advice!!!!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Need advice!!!!

I copied this from paypalsucks.com, but i am curious on what people on here tjhink on what i should do. if you have any feedback or advice please tell me

Ok so i recently sold a supercharger kit for a Trans Am on a website based on cars. There is a classified section so i figured i could sell a used kit of mine on there.

I made the topic and posted it was missing some pieces and was sold as is. I listed it for 3000 and even took pictures of everything to show it was in working order.

I had a person interested and i listed it for 3000 he said would you do 2300. I responded yes. He immediately sent 2300 through paypal using his credit card.

After 6 days he recieved the kit and said everything was in working order, no surprises, ect.

The website I was on also has a trader feedback function and he even gave me positive feedback!

A couple weeks later he complains the kit was broken and missing pieces...I told him obviously but the kit should be working and was stated that originally.

He initiated a chargeback and now im out 2300 dollars through paypal.

I am debating to close my bank account and debit card due to this.

In the additional comments section on paypal to refuse the chargeback i stated he gave me positive feedback, showed pictures, and said it was sold as is.

So who do you think will win....prolly the buyer!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

If the credit card company gets involved, probably the buyer. They'll do a lot to satisfy their customers unless they (credit card) are the one's causing the problems.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

No need to close your bank account. Paypal cannot pull money from it. I had the same issue done to me except on a laptop. Paypal tried to pull money from my bank acount and the bank said no. This was about 3 years ago but I can imagine no bank allowing this to happen. Just contact your bank to not allow any transactions to or from your account going to payapl.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by robsls1
No need to close your bank account. Paypal cannot pull money from it. I had the same issue done to me except on a laptop. Paypal tried to pull money from my bank acount and the bank said no. This was about 3 years ago but I can imagine no bank allowing this to happen. Just contact your bank to not allow any transactions to or from your account going to payapl.
sounds good thanks for the information, ill call my bank tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP!!! Need advice!!!!