Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HO2 problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HO2 problem

About a year ago my car set off a PO135, Heater performance bank 1 sensor 1. Cleared it was off all summer. The day I put the car into storage it came back on, same code.

Cars been out for one month now and the light comes back on as soon as I clear it. So I put the new GM O2 in that I had bought last year. Last night the light came back on. Now it's a PO1133 Insufficient switching bank 1 sensor 1. I thought maybe the LT's had something to do with this. I have cats, but my rear O2 on the pass side set a light last year, we used hptuners to shut it off. I'd like to fix this problem rather than shutting it off.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimsWS6
About a year ago my car set off a PO135, Heater performance bank 1 sensor 1. Cleared it was off all summer. The day I put the car into storage it came back on, same code.

Cars been out for one month now and the light comes back on as soon as I clear it. So I put the new GM O2 in that I had bought last year. Last night the light came back on. Now it's a PO1133 Insufficient switching bank 1 sensor 1. I thought maybe the LT's had something to do with this. I have cats, but my rear O2 on the pass side set a light last year, we used hptuners to shut it off. I'd like to fix this problem rather than shutting it off.
The LT headers cause the O2 codes to be set. Its due to the fact that they are so far down in the exhaust stream compared to the stock location, and they don't get hot enough quickly enough. The PCM has a very narrow threshold for the upstream O2's, and even if they are slightly slow, even for a minute, it can set a pending code and eventually a code. I've had them be set while the car was fully warmed up cruising in 6th, the PCM is very picky. Only thing you can really do is either keep changing O2's or have the codes turned off with HP Tuners or LS1Edit.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of o2 sensor did you use. I had a lazy one after the header install setting codes and was advised the GM vette sensors heated faster and now no issues in almost 20k. Worth a look IMO......
Old 04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
What kind of o2 sensor did you use. I had a lazy one after the header install setting codes and was advised the GM vette sensors heated faster and now no issues in almost 20k. Worth a look IMO......
I'm using the Bosch sensors, but they are the ones from the rear of the Vette (like yours) that are supposed to be better.

I think the cold weather kills them even faster because they get carboned up on cold starts and never fully warm up to burn off contaminants.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a brand new GM one for the the car. I've never herd about the vette ones before...