Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 ppl

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 ppl

I have a 2002 Camaro SS and i need a new Tranny should i get a Rebuilt one or order a new one from the factory and also my LS1 has alote of miles 145K to be exact so i was wondering what would you guys recommend me doing ?? i was thinking of buying a new LS1
Old 05-27-2009, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

id say it depends on what you want to do, if you want to get a new ls1 dont dump any more money into it, find somone on here or ebay who just bought a built trans and is selling their old one and basically drop a used trans in it if your going to sell it, if you are going to keep it and run that car until it dies, then either buy a used trans off here and just find out the miles on it, and the setup the car had before the trans was removed, or there is option two, which is just get yours rebuilt (if your car is modded do not put a stock trans back it, just get yours rebuilt or buy a rebuilt one and makes sure its not just a stock rebuild)
Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Regular

a bran new stock trans would be the absolute last thing you should do. spend less and buy a built one or have yours built, if you sell it get a used stock trans with no problems
Old 05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you guys for the advice and i went speedtek and the guy told me i should get a rebuilt trans and that's what im leaning to i got simple bolt ons nothing major ...Because the engines has too many miles to run a cam and ported head's but im going
to Buy a new LS3 and swap it in you think that rebuilt trans would work with the LS3 ??
Old 06-01-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

eh good question, i have no idea, obvously make sure you check on that before sinking money into it