Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

Well my car was running hot and leaking coolant so I took it to the dealer to find out where it was leaking. They told me it was the water pump so I replaced the water pump tonight. Now the car is running hot and leaking coolant. I'm pretty sure I did everything in the install right. I tightened down the radiator drain screw. Could it not be on there tight enough? I don't think its a coincidence that it has the exact same symptoms as before. The heater is intermittent cold/hot so I guess this means there is air going through the heater core at some point. However, while the low coolant light is on and it runs hotter than normal, it never gets above 210 (usually, if it does I pull over). Please help me with what else it could be, thanks

Forgot to mention, the coolant appears to be leaking more towards the passenger's side and when I have it off with the hood popped after the engine's been running, there is a sort of hissing noise near the radiator cap, and an occasional gurgle sort of like a toilet flushing back near the heater core.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Where is the coolant leaking from.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:58 PM
TECH Resident

Your radiator cap may be toast. Some of the signs you describe can be caused by a simple raditaor cap. If you bled the system out and assembled everything else right, look at the cap.
Old 12-14-2003, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Try the radiator cap thing, if it's a model other than the 98 you have a dumbass temp gague that reads 210 from 170-225ish so you very well could be running hot. Good luck

Wes