New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch issues!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003 | 11:59 PM
Teching In

Default Clutch issues!!

Ok here goes. This is my first post at this forum. Hello all! I got one for you guys. I have an 02 Z with a SPEC stage III clutch. Stock hydro's. Clutch is great until I start making serious power with my TNT kit. in the summer it ran fine with the 75 jetting, it ran fine with the 100 jetting, but when I put the 150's in thats when my problem showed up! Seems the clutch will not disengage. Feels like the pedal is going to the floor and staying there! for a few seconds. Then it will come back. Turns out in the cold winter air the 75 jets are now causing the same problem. Car is running as good in the winter on the 75's as it was in the summer on the 150's. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!
Old 12-23-2003 | 12:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BAMAZ28
Ok here goes. This is my first post at this forum. Hello all! I got one for you guys. I have an 02 Z with a SPEC stage III clutch. Stock hydro's. Clutch is great until I start making serious power with my TNT kit. in the summer it ran fine with the 75 jetting, it ran fine with the 100 jetting, but when I put the 150's in thats when my problem showed up! Seems the clutch will not disengage. Feels like the pedal is going to the floor and staying there! for a few seconds. Then it will come back. Turns out in the cold winter air the 75 jets are now causing the same problem. Car is running as good in the winter on the 75's as it was in the summer on the 150's. Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

YEP! sounds like your slave went out. Get the 145 Slave and pray. I did that as an upgrade on my 98 and it's been fine. I know you have an 02..but anytime you change the clutch, I'd suggest putting a new slave in, because just like you, sounds like your old slave gave out on you quickly. Sorry to hear about that
Old 12-23-2003 | 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Might also do the drill mod while your at it.
Old 12-23-2003 | 11:04 AM
Teching In

Why only when the nitrous is applied?
Old 12-23-2003 | 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Regardless....The plastice orffice inside the hydro line coming off the side of the master cylinder side restricts flow.. It's a good mod to do w/ nitro or w/ out.
Old 12-23-2003 | 03:57 PM
Teching In

I intend to do the drill out, but I'm just trying to figure out why it does this only when power levels are high. I'm thinking its got something to do with my stock exhaust manifolds and making this much power is generating a lot of heat! I replaced the Slave when the clutch was installed. And it works fine under N/A conditions.