Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine wont idle

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine wont idle

ive got a 99 ls1 firebird and i bought the car put heads on it got it all back together and now it wont idle revs up but runs a little rough and wont idle n e advice could it be fuel injector or?????
Old 04-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nosmakesmelaugh
ive got a 99 ls1 firebird and i bought the car put heads on it got it all back together and now it wont idle revs up but runs a little rough and wont idle n e advice could it be fuel injector or?????
look for a vacuum leak...check the connections on the rear of the intake manifold. Also, make sure you did not displace an o-ring on the intake when you slide it in. You state you put heads on....were they stock? Did you do a cam? If not stock heads/cam you may have the wrong length pushrods. That is the last thing you check for is proper pre-load & valvetrain geometry.

Need more details on your build.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Teching In

Default heads and cam are stock

the guy i got it from put the heads on and for got to put the guides on and bent all pushrods and i replaced them all then fired it up and it wont run right could it be a bent valve or???
Old 04-27-2010, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jasonss2000
look for a vacuum leak...check the connections on the rear of the intake manifold. Also, make sure you did not displace an o-ring on the intake when you slide it in. You state you put heads on....were they stock? Did you do a cam? If not stock heads/cam you may have the wrong length pushrods. That is the last thing you check for is proper pre-load & valvetrain geometry.

Need more details on your build.
+1 ^^^^