New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS/ASR problem please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ABS/ASR problem please help!!

i have a 98 Z28 Camaro and i took the engine out of a 99 corvette and put it in the car..i bought the car with a bad engine..well it cant do burnouts,donuts,great quarter times like other Camaros and mine has mods...when i try to power brake burnout it will only go to like 1500 rpms and i have it floored..it has a ABS INOP and ASR OFF light ALWAYS on and i took it to GM and they scanned it with a tech2 and it got a C035 or 45 code i think..it was for the front left wheel sensor but id like to just disable the whole ABS/ASR system for now and even though they can GM wont turn it off soo is there anyway that i can get it all disabled so the traction control is completely off Its killing me and and quite frankly embarrassing because its a LS1 thats acting like a piece of steamed rice PLEASE HELP (update) will the SJM kit with line lock fix my problem?

Last edited by Z98BOYA; 09-02-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: another question
Old 09-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

i ordered the SJM kit today...hope it works but any advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Teching In

as a gm technician im pretty sure there is no way to disable the abs with programing, but you can always pull the abs fuse. as for the tcs, there was an option to have a switch to turn off the tcs, and i think it goes next to the fog light switch, but im not positive. the wiring should be installed you just need a switch to put in it.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Staging Lane

i did and that didnt work.. i think the module and sensors are bad.. and as for the ASR switch, It is there but doesnt work.. im not disabling the ABS. Im totally deleting the ABS with the SJM ABS delete kit along with a line lock. GM said they could but werent allowed to disable it? hopefully the kit will fix my problem...