Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AC Compressor help

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Compressor help

Hello, I just replaced my compressor and drier. My friend helped me install it and we did the flush and vacuum and everything went smoothly. However, when testing it out for the first time it made an odd sound( I didn't hear it, but my friend says it made it). I turned the ac on high, and while the compressor is running it would shut down(?) I'm not exactly sure how to describe it but it would make a clicking sound and the pulley would shift. It did this over and over every few seconds. My friend thought maybe he put to much refrigerant and removed some. It still continue to switch on and off frequently. My friend insists that the compressor is damaged. However after leave and driving for a little bit the compressor was not doing this anymore and seems To be working fine, should I be worried about this, and exchange it for another one.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt worry about it. The compressor clutch kicks on and off depending on the pressure inside the system. May of had a bit of ice form and create a restriction that built pressure. How did you fill it, with gauges and all or just straight from a can?
Old 09-19-2010, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like the normal operation of an AC compressor. Don't think anything of it. Just make sure the pressure in the system is good and drive it normally.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a full day of use, everything is running fine. Thanks for the help.