Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help guys...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help guys...

alrighty...some of you may know i have a 72 Chevelle...but you might not know i have a 87 K-20 chevy truck that was my first vehicle my dad basiclly gave to me and it means the world to me but!...it needs a restoration...so does the chevelle..now...my thinking is to put the LS-6 454 into my truck..and sell the chevelle as a rolling car...here comes the fun part...i'm keeping the camaro no matter what...i wanna make it quicker....but not hinder the fuel economy or anything like that..i'd like to do my own work on the car but i know nothing about LS-1's really or modern cars...i was thinking on having another member on here who has a 99 hugger orange Z28 whom i've talked to in person but never talked to on here..help me with a nitrous set up...that way when i want i can just flip the switch and go at it when i want it...sorry for the long post i've just been rackin my brain
Old 02-01-2004, 10:22 AM
wrencher

What exactly was the question???
If your looking to upgrade your LS1 you found the best place to learn.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea so was all that bla bla to ask about a nos setup on the camaro. so what was all the other info for
Old 02-01-2004, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

sorry haha question was...do you guys think its a good idea..puttin a 600hp engine in a 4x4 lifted truck instead of the chevelle
Old 02-01-2004, 12:27 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Um... I think it's absolutely stupid if you would take a numbers matching LS-6 out of it's original car.

That being said, I don't see how it could be the original engine because I'm pretty sure the only year the high output LS-6 was available in the full size cars was 70.

The bottom line is, if you want a nutty 4wd, then get the truck done. If you want a sweet old school muscle car, get the car done. Basically it all comes down to what you are more into. I would figure if I had a LS1 already and had a truck to get fixed up, i'd do the truck and sell the old car. If it had numbers matching stuff though, I wouldn't take anything out of it and just sell it whole. Just build a nice torquey small block for the truck.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

your correct DMN the ls6 wasn't offered in my car but it is a ls-6 crate engine from the mid 80's...i think i might just do that...the more i talk to you guys on here the more i wanna build my camaro up...the only thing holding me back is its my daily driver!
Old 02-01-2004, 04:13 PM
wrencher

I know people who have B/B 4X4's & they go out muddin' in them too.
Think you can break stuff at the track?
You should see the stuff they end up doing, big fun=big bucks.