Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a few problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a few problems

now that im going down my list of annoying things the car does that i have the $$$ to fix now im lookin for some input in were i should be looking and all.

main thing its doing now thats really annoying is ever since i put my moser 9inch in, i go from like 3rd to 2nd just cruisin like to take a corner in a nighbor hood or something it locks me out completely like skip shift, dosnt grind or nothing, i have to let off the clutch when its in N and try again and repeat if not successful (usually i have to be in 1st at this point though : \ ) is this something related with my rear end now having a detriot locker in it or anything or is it just pure coincidence? the whole tranny feels a lot stiffer and rougher ever since rear end install also.

other thing is depending on above problem, what is a rough baseline to having ur tranny rebuilt with better shift forks and synchros and what not? and what else should i look into if i do this?

and the clutch, i get the sticky pedal if u hit high rpms like almost every fbody it seems, ive flushed/bled it and all, next step was to try to get some header wrap or something and just wrap the F**K out of the clutch line near the header and all and hope it dosnt do it as bad or anymore, any other suggestions on an easy fix with out a whole new aftermarket clutch setup? and is there a negitive if i wrap it in header wrap or what ever anti heat stuff i can find at work ( work at Pboys : \ lol )

thanks guys