Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ORY/o2 question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORY/o2 question

Recently traded for an 02 ws6 car thats had the check engine light on. One of the o2 sensors behind the cats is bad. I was looking to buy some but found out I can by pass them with a tune. My question is this. The car is stock aside from a borla catback. I plan to get headers around tax time and start the modding. Will the stock y pipe be too restrictive (catless) if I keep it simply for clearance issues? I'm not looking to make it ridiculously fast. Just a fun daily for now and thats about it.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:44 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are thinking about longtube headers it won't work anyway. You can remove the cats and delete the rear O2 sensors if you like and that would get you by. I don't know if you can delete the cats and run a shorty header or not. I think you'd be wasting your money if you went with a shorty anyway.

Jon
Old 12-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I will be going with long tubes. I found a cammed car on you tube that had duals with bullet mufflers. I really liked the sound of that better than any other I've heard. I've thought about going with that but don't want to ditch such an expensive cat back. So either way I would need to go ORY or true duals and ditch the o2s?