Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So umm...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So umm...

I'm a total noob to LS1 well I know the basics I've always been into fourth gen Camaros but never built an LS1 owned one but never had it long enough to tear into it. But now I'm about to get one. The motor is out of the car and completely disassembled. The original 5.7 totally fucked itself. Needless to say it cracked the black so the guy who I bought it from bought a 5.7 GTO block with NO crankshaft, but it does have the original 5.7 heads off the original Camaro engine. Nothing for an intake so I was kinda wondering where would be the best place to go to for an intake manifold fuel rails and injectors and a crankshaft. I'm on a budget somewhat, I'd rather have oem stuff. Seeing as aftermarket is expensive. I'd like to at least do an LS6 intake and maybe bigger throttle body. Just some little stuff while the motor is apart. Anyone could point me in the direction to look for this stuff. Please bare with me I'm new to the LS1. Lol, thanks guys. I feel like I'm missing stuff but oh well.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Regrading the GTO block that you are going to use, does it still have the main caps?
Old 01-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 66 BADBOY
Regrading the GTO block that you are going to use, does it still have the main caps?
Yes it does, basically the entire bottom end is there minus a crank.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:37 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im gonna move this from Internal Engine to New Enthusiasts.