New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless entry and bcm

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Keyless entry and bcm

My nephew is deployed and in Afganistan and left me his car. Being the good Aunt I decided to fix all the little problems. Here is the current problem. His car is a 1994 Pontiac Firebird Formula V8 5.7. It has a keyless remote and the mechanic purchased two FOB's from the GM Dealer. The FOB only would open driver side door and the trunk. The mechanic now is saying that the receiver is messed up, part #10273333, which is the BCM. It is my understanding that GM no longer makes this part. In addition, after the remotes partially worked it started draining the battery so they disconnected it. What should I do now? Should I try to find a BCM online and doesn't control a bunch of stuff, not just the keyless remotes. Also, it is my understanding that the electronic FOB's can NOT be returned so I am out $175.00 bucks. Just to let you know, the switches on the both doors work. The FOB does not open the passenger side only. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Please send email at RMichels99@gmail.com. Thanks

Quick Reply: Keyless entry and bcm