Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modification ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 02:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garygnu
don't do injectors until you do a head/cam swap,your current injectors are good for 420 hp.a ls6 intake is good up to 450 hp.test and retain your stock plug wires if they are good.whats your budget ?look at some TSP head/cam combos.
The stock injectors in my 98TA only got me to 403hp/378tq to the ground before they maxed out with ls6 intake, TV3 cam, and full bolt ons. So I would say deffenetly keep injectors in mind
Old 03-27-2012, 11:10 AM

I don't mean to steal the forum, but someone mentioned to keep in mind future plans when picking a cam. What cam would go well with future plans of turbo/tt/supercharger? Just don't want to jump the gun and purchase something I'll have to replace soon after. Thanks.

On top of that I agree with everyone else. Definitely get long tubes and get your exhaust right first. Once you have that then you will be ready for cam, heads, and injectors. It won't effect your power, but I suggest ring and pinion (I like my 3.73's). If you try and go too aggressive, watch your rear-end.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all your guys input but would anyone recomend putting a 3:73 gear box in it?
i was told i should look into that and also add SFC's. instead of buying new heads would it be cheaper to port and polish the stock heads??
Old 03-28-2012, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well the heads you pick depend on your build. if your going N/A and staying N/A then a common choice is the 5.3 heads. if your going turbo alot of people port the 317 because they flow really well and lower your compression