Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird issue after audio system install, need help *Vid*

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Weird issue after audio system install, need help *Vid*

Ok so yesterday I installed speakers and tweeters in my doors, ran speaker wires along with my rca's, and remote power under carpet (have not got amp installed completely yet). And on the way to work this morning my car kept dying in middle of driving a bunch of times. It seems like electronics only but does seem to sputter as it happens. Today I installed the head unit and ran most of the passenger side wires and amp wire. Still same issue with install of head unit. I have no idea where to start anyone have similar issue? here is a vid of what happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAwZp...iHdTtB3OpR4W0=
Old 03-21-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you cause any kind of short while installing anything? Did you tape off the end of the remote wire so it's not touching any metal?

It looked like you hit a bump and it went out. Is that what happened?
Old 03-21-2012, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Its a pain, but yank everything youve run and go for a drive. Try to narrow it down to your wiring, or a coincidental new problem.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya everything is taped, It seems to happen much more often on bumps and turns but sometimes it does it 3-4 times in a row seems like. Today when I am off I am going to pull everything out. If I remove the head unit and leave open wires but make sure nothing is touching should it go away? Could it be something with the head unit or wires I ran up under the dash more likely?
Old 03-22-2012, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had something similar happen to me in my Mustang. I had a wire grounding out at my amp. When I turned, it would touch the body and somehow short out and it would do the same thing yours is doing.

I'm 99% that you have an exposed power wire grounding out on something somewhere. Just go through and take your time and look at the wires and find the one that's exposed.