Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast Intake Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast Intake Install

I bought a fast 92 and I believe have all needed parts. I have been looking online to help with the install. How come some of the fast intakes you see installed with the coolant line going over the top and some other ones do not? If anyone on here has a pic of their fast 90 or 92 installed on a ls1 i would love to see pics.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never seen a coolant cross over tube going over the intake neck, on my Fast 90 I needed to bend it down to make the intake sit flush.

I have a 2002 so no coolant line running underneath, just a line in the front and back.

Best pic I have, sold the intake and went back to LS6 a few yrs ago. No need for cam only and honestly made more useable power.

** The first pic, you can see the coolant tube if you follow it off the throttle linkage and going from right to left and sweeps up to where the PCV is, that is the coolant cross over tube. The Throttle body coolant is eliminated and you just by pass it

Make sure you use masking tape to hold up the bolts for the rear of the intake that has the bolt go under the cowl, you also need to use the shallower intake valley bolts, if you use the stock you will crack the intake. IF your does not have a hold down for the MAF you need to use black RTV and take to hold it in. 92mm fast have a hold down. Tighten down in a cris-cross pattern and do multiple sweeps as the gaskets compress.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 06-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the help and pictures. I was thinking for some reason, the tube from the fuel rails was the coolant tube that was needed for doing the swap. I did get new fuel rails with the intake. Will the fuel line hook up in front like the original?
This EFI stuff is more complicated then I thought.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1) those are fuel rails that go over the intake.
2) if they are stock they will hook right up... If they are after market they will need sum extra hoses to be install... BBK is only fuel rails ive seen use stock connectors.
3)you will need to torque down intake in a pattern.... I can't upload pic but u can check out this website(www.ls1howto.com) right hand side of home page. #17 intake manifold swap. The picture is second to last. You need to torque these down in a 2-pass fashion..the first pass, tighten to 44 INCH-lbs, then, on the 2nd pass torque them to 89 INCH-lbs. Again, note those specs are in INCH lbs.... Nice find Goodluck with swap... http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=5

Last edited by 2win_SS; 06-18-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Put down wrong link at 1st