New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

concerns

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004 | 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default concerns

so i have a cutout on my car, and my car is lowered - so the cutout is pretty low. i rarely ever scrape it, unless someone is in the car with me and we go over a speed bump (the extra weight) or unless it's a big *** speedbump. but almost always i'm prepared for it and slow way the hell down. i'm just curious to know if there is any possibility in cracking the block or screwing up the stock manifolds/bolts in any way when scraping the exhaust? i know that hitting the exhaust is contorting the pipes in some way, and i'm wondering how much, if any, the manifolds are being contorted also. i'm not really worried about my own car, since i'm so careful about scraping and when i do scrape, i'm usually going at a very slow speed; but still, i don't know if this might be something to be concerned about? thanks.
Old 04-03-2004 | 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The entire exhaust has some "flex" built into it, and most of it is transferred to the hangers. If you get under the car and shake it, you can confirm this. Unless you really bash the hell out of it, like in a police chase or something(don't do that), I think you'll be fine.
Old 04-03-2004 | 01:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
Unless you really bash the hell out of it, like in a police chase or something(don't do that), I think you'll be fine.