New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine swap help

Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap help

Real quick i have a 00 ss that i hit a deer with so i bought a new one without a engine so im gonna do a transplant my question is whats the eaiest way to pull a complete engine from the ss without a lift? I know several waysnto remove it but i dont want to pull the heads off my ls6 im just swapping the engine out then im gonna part out my other ss but i gotta do it in my garage anyone got any tips to make life a bit easier
Old 10-01-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you mite need a engine hoist and can left the engine from the top,removing the hood mite make it easier.have seen a guy on here that loosened all the K-member bolts and lifted the front of the car up with a good engine hoist,leaving the engine ,K-member and front tires on the ground.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea ive heard of that being done only problem is my frame is tied up on my blue ss .. can the engine come out of the top at all?
Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Engine can come out the top but it's way easier out the bottom... That's how I did mine, in a driveway under a carport. Unhook everything then all that holds it up it 6 k-member bolts and 4 trans crossmember bolts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine swap help