Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Non-linear Acceleration Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhitePheonix
Its pulling harder, but its not smooth, Again like something is kicking in aka. more fuel. But the throttle is constant. Im just concerned because the car always accelerated very smoothly. I have had the car since last august, but it wasnt driven from last nov-april
it's not more fuel. more fuel all of a sudden would actually slow down the car and you could probably smell it. If that's the case the nthe car would go from running fine to runing rich all of a sudden then go back again. So unless your car is totally f#cked up it aint that. i would say check your clutch.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

This may be a stupid question, but I notice the problem when the clutch isnt engaged or inbetween shifts. Could the clutch be causing this problem even if Im not shifting or engaging it?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

This may be a stupid question, but I notice the problem when the clutch isnt engaged or inbetween shifts. Could the clutch be causing this problem even if Im not shifting or engaging it?
well if your clutch pedal is engage then there would be no reason for this to hapen since the clutch is disengage, and your clutch could slip at any time specially if it is bad.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Its probably the clutch then, I just had it replaced back in october. I have only had a few WOT runs in the car, and I have never dumped the clutch. I know GM didnt put the best ones in out of the factory though.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its probably the clutch then, I just had it replaced back in october. I have only had a few WOT runs in the car, and I have never dumped the clutch. I know GM didnt put the best ones in out of the factory though.
well dunno what to tell you then maibe they din't put it in right either way it wouldn't tke you to long to see if it is the clutch or not. you could drop your transmission check the clutch put it back in, in a couple of hours

Quick Reply: Non-linear Acceleration Problem