Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help quick!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help quick!!

i was hooking up my bottle heater yesterday and i unhooked the battery, i finished the install and hooked my battery back up and tried to start my car and it would not fire the first crank, then is started and was idleing really rough and died, so i started it back up and everything was fine, so today i unhooked my battery agian and it was idleing rough agian so i turned it off and restarted and everything was fine, this is the first time this has happend, could someone please tell me whats wrong, im suppose to race friday night, so thanks in advance
Old 05-07-2004, 06:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mine always starts like that when I accidentally leave my fan switch on, and the battery dies, it is really rough, then I shut it off and restart it and it is fine.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:31 AM
STF Veteran

Once the Battery is disconnected for a short period of time (maybe 30 min), the PCM has to relearn the idle and the fuel tables. It'll straighten out within 50 miles. (Sometimes less on my car).
Old 05-07-2004, 08:15 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Correct, if you disconnect for a period of time the PCM must do an idle relearn. If you want to do it manually, start the car with the A/C off and let it idle for 5 minutes. Then turn the A/C on and let it idle for another 5 minutes. Should be okay after that.