Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Needing some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needing some help

I'm new to the site so I'm sorry if this isnt the right place to be posting this. So Admins and mods feel free to show me where I'm supposed or feel free to move this to its appropriate place.

I'm on the West Coast in CA and a Smog Shop that I go to is telling me that my OBD in a 96 Trans Am with an LT1 is not reading but I had a Repair Shop where I went to have my 'Check Engine' Light checked on tell me afterwards that everything is fine so what could be the problem that is causing the conflictions?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and thank you in advance for the help!
Old 09-23-2015, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't remember the year differences, but my '95 Z28 Camaro with an LT1 had like an OBD-I computer with an OBD-II port or vice versa.

Little AutoZone stores and stuff told me my computer was fried or the port was broken... nope... just their stupid little scanner not being compatible. My friend had a pretty expensive scan tool, and he manually went in with the car and year and stuff, and was able to access everything.

Quick Reply: Needing some help