Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another P0300 problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another P0300 problem

I have looked at several threads and haven't come across what I'm looking for yet so here goes.

Problem: Under prolonged hard acceleration and cruising at 2,500 RPM or more the car will hiccup and turn on the SES light. The light will flash, then go to solid. If I bring the RPMs below about 2,400 and remain there, the light will go out on its own after a period of time. If I do not change speed, the engine will run fine for 15-30 miles and then hiccup and the SES light will start flashing again eventually it goes solid.

The Car: 2000 Camaro SS A4 72,000 miles

What is not stock: Long tubes, Flowmaster muffler, MSD plug wires, removed ALL emissions components, blocked EGR port on the intake. Mail order tune from Frost, Emissions DTCs are omitted

Parts I've replaced related to this issue: spark plugs, fuel filter. Purchased OEM replacements from the dealer. Bosch 02 sensors

Other: Fuel pump occasionally loses prime and the engine will turn over for 8-12 seconds before it starts. Car is always very gassy, could be from the cats being gone. It is gassier than my carbureted fox body.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Fuel pump- fuel filter...

Quick Reply: Another P0300 problem