Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibrating Headlight Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrating Headlight Assembly

My passenger side headlight assembly on my ta is loose and vibrates at certain speeds. How in the world do i tighten up the whole flip up assembly? do i have to take my bumper off?
Old 06-30-2004, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Dunno, but since I did the headlight gear free fix, my headlight no longer completely closes. Closes and then pops up about 1/2 inch. Might just have'em fix it under warrantee as soon as something else breaks.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

I had that happen to me once. There will be two screws that hold the headlight on. I just tightened those up and that fixed mine. I don't have a picture for you, but if you tighten to many things trying to find them, that shouldn't hurt anything.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:20 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Razzak
Dunno, but since I did the headlight gear free fix, my headlight no longer completely closes. Closes and then pops up about 1/2 inch. Might just have'em fix it under warrantee as soon as something else breaks.
If your car is still under warranty, you should have just let them fix it in the first place. Now they may refuse to fix it, claiming that you "tampered" with it causing it to fail.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

I had the exact same problem on my 98 TA...after taking the headlight assembly out, it was a plastic bushing...went to dealer to get replacement part...nope, I would have to buy a whole new headlight assembly just for that little plastic piece.
So, I went to Lowes and bought a nylon spacer...and went to work on it with my dremmel...much better than before, but still not perfect.
It was really bad driving at night...looked like my headlight was "strobing" off the street signs.