Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really fully loaded T/A?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 11:00 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really fully loaded T/A?

So I got my hands on a GM shop manual set for my car. It has the RPO code breakdown, so of course I decided to find out what my car "has". I knew from the beginning it was a fairly strangely equipped car because it's not a factory WS6 but does have the WS6 12-way power seats. But what I didn't know is that it also has the "GU6" 3.42 rear, "F41" suspension and "performance catback exhaust" (the RPO code escapes me right now). I thought these were options that you would usually only find on a WS6? Is this out of the ordinary, or just a fairly common well-equipped T/A?

It's a 1999 in Black with t-tops, built in 7/99. Just in case that matters.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:14 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by Blakbird24
...it's not a factory WS6 but does have the WS6 12-way power seats...
Most T/A's have them seats, its just a lumbar option.

But what I didn't know is that it also has the "GU6" 3.42 rear...
All M6 cars have 3.42's.

..."F41" suspension and "performance catback exhaust" (the RPO code escapes me right now). I thought these were options that you would usually only find on a WS6? Is this out of the ordinary, or just a fairly common well-equipped T/A?

It's a 1999 in Black with t-tops, built in 7/99. Just in case that matters.
I don't know about that suspension one, I think its just bigger sway bars and thats it. If you have the single tips instead of the T/A ovals then thats WS6 option.

I know that Jeff (Inspector12) has a 2002 Z28 with a power steering cooler that is only on SS, WS6, and Firehawk's. Someone ordered that car as an SS and it showed up at the dealership as a Z28, so that guy didn't buy it but Jeff did. So there is a few mistakes out there I'm sure.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

there is a SPORT package for T/A's...makes it pretty identical to the WS6
Old 07-02-2004, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

it depends, some special edition t/a s have extra options. For example mine is a 2000 nhra edition t/a and it came with power steer coolant, hurt's shifter and i think bigger sway bar up front cause the front one is like twice or more as thick as the rear one. This is no big deal since in 2001 all that stuff came included all t/a's.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:11 AM
02Z
On The Tree

FYI -All 2002 Z28's have a power steering cooler, it is a standard option..
Old 07-03-2004, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2002 the powersteering cooler became standard option.

you don't have 12 way power seats, my old bonneville had them, and 9 switches to control the movement of them. The f-cars get 6 way power seats, as the best available seat. not specific to the WS6 cars, but specific to pontiacs (and possible only TA's) and possibly export camaros) just the AQ9 (i think thats the rpo code) for them. WS6 had nothing to do with any interior components.

as far as the exhaust, I don't have any information on that.

Ryan
Old 07-04-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

AQ9 is the power seat option if you wat to get the WS6 style seats on a regular TA.

As for F41 thats the standard Trans Am/Formula Suspension code as the suspension differes from a V6 car due to the weight of the engine.

Same with the Exhaust, just a different code because the V8 car exhaust is different.

There is No "SPORT" package thats a bunch of baloney...

there was a 1LE package on the Formula However, basically WS6 but it also had Adjustable Konis different springs and bars, etc... I doubt they made many of em considering how few WS6 formys were made.