0%
MADE IN THE USA
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Output Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2021 | 12:35 PM

Default Output Dimensions

I have a 1998 Z28 and I’m trying to find out what are the TRUE dimensions of the OE (rectangle) low profile exhaust tips!!!
I keep getting conflicting sizes online and on other forum sites!!!
I was told y’all were the BEST people to ask to get the dimensions!
I was also told BEST PEOPLE to get information for the websites to go find these exhaust tips that are NOT PIECES OF JUNK from OVERSEAS!!!

I’M A NAVY VET AND BELIEVE IN ONLY BUYING STUFF
MADE IN THE USA!!!
Old 06-02-2021 | 01:15 PM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Are you looking for the dimensions of just the rectangle opening or the entire tip?

To the best of my knowledge, nobody is reproducing duplicates at this time. I've seen a polished stainless version from a few sources over the years, but it is NOT an identical match to the originals nor is it the correct finish (these came stock with an industrial black coating, it was somewhere between a low gloss and semi-gloss finish originally - I bought my '99 Z28 brand new and that's how the original tips came from the factory).

I appreciate your feelings on made in USA parts, and I try to do this whenever possible myself. But, again, if you are looking for exact reproductions of the original piece, I don't think anyone offers that currently. You might be able to find someone with an original catback or muffler assembly for cheap, and just restore the tips (again, the original finish was between a low gloss and a semi-gloss). FWIW, these tips were removable on the earlier 4th gen Z28s, they clamped in place vs. being fully attached in the later years. I don't know the exact year that the switch happened, but by '98 they were no longer removable without cutting.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Quick Reply: Output Dimensions