New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help! Ignition switch alternative

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! Ignition switch alternative

Hey everyone! I had to make a new account can’t access old lstech membership.. just bought another fbody last week (00’ ws6 m6) it’s my 5th fbody so I’m somewhat familiar with the cars, but now I intend to keep this one forever. That all being said I get home it doesn’t start over the course of the next two days I replace the ignition switch and as I take it out to diagnose a second time after no start the ignition ROD fell completely out of the column I notice the headlight rod was also loose. I’ve watched many YouTube videos and been looking around on here, haven’t found anyone dig that deep into the column. I already have the column partially out to acces the ign switch obviously as well as airbag remove. My question, will I be able to remove the steering wheel lock cylinder housing to access the mechanism to reattach the rod without removing the whole column? Could I bypass the switch or put it on a toggle switch for the accessory and ignition start, possibly switch and push start to bypass the rod all together. Thanks all for any input.

Last edited by Maj.Dripws6; 09-04-2022 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-07-2022, 08:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,435 Likes on 995 Posts

Welcome back to the forum!

Hopefully a moderator will see the thread and move to General Maintenance or other area where replies are more likely for issue.
The following users liked this post:
Maj.Dripws6 (09-07-2022)

Quick Reply: Please help! Ignition switch alternative