Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flowtech vs hooker

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default flowtech vs hooker

Are they the same style, pipe size and flanges. I need another set of headers, my SLP LT are just to damn low. I bought TSP's true dual system and its been on the car for about a week. I have since ripped it off twice.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope the car is okay man.. I hope I never see the day that I rip my exhaust of accidentally..
Old 08-09-2004, 12:22 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would post this in the externals section ... you might get a better response over there.

As for your question, I am pretty sure they are very similar in pipe size and construction ... not sure about the flanges, however.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought and installed flowtech headers and ory. The headers went up and in perfectly, didnt have to take steering linkage off or anything. They looked good to me but compared to the hookers the welds dont look as good but who cares imo. They look exackly like the hookers except that they arent slip fit like the hookers. My flangers were kinda weak; when i torqued my bolts down it bent slightly but i had to put a lot of torque on it because the bolts "stockers" werent wanting to go back. If you do use them dont use the gaskets that come with them but use the bolts.

I believe that everything is the same size but im not sure.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:40 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

flowtechs are hookers with all the corners cut to save money. spend the money on either jet hots of if you can kooks/qtp. you'll need to do a bit of fitting and adjusting to the the TSP duals to fit the kooks/qtp's though.