New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Some Help Here

Old 09-02-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See? Crazy aggrees with me so there. I would suggest you go with GMMG cough up the dough and do it right. When you go back to your home state is dual exhaust going to be illegal? If not TSP is nearly half the price and you get a great sound and flow. Use www.ls1sounds.com to find the right mix for you. When I am done with my setup I will have a 224 cam, heads, Kook LTs and catted Y breathing through the GMMG catback. Cheap? No. Passes CA emissions? YES, other than the LTs that is and it is easy enough to get around that. Magna flow would be another good option. Do a search (in the spirit of JRP) and find what others with the same intent you have did with theirs. I might be thinking outside of YOUR box, if you want to stay pretty stock and WAY out of someone else's who want 700 hp to the wheels. But I am well within my own. Hope this helps!
Old 09-02-2004, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These guys are correct. I have the Magnaflow cat back BTW. It's got a low rumble at idle, and it screams at WOT. Verygood sound, not to much rasp. I hear it sounds great with LTs. I don't know personally though. I don't have headers yet. Check put LS1 sounds though to get an idea of different setups.

Search this Thread