Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stroker Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroker Question

Ok, I've got a question on this. SLP has a stroker kit available that you can purchase with a block or without. Obviously they're not the only ones offering stuff like this but I was just on there website getting something else. Anyway, what is the benefit to getting a new block if you're gonna go a stroker route? Obviously if you don't already HAVE an engine you need it. They've got a seperate storker kit, with the crankshaft, pistons, etc. without the block. Is there any reason that the stock block couldn't handle it?

My impression is that they just have the block version for if you want the entire package but you can just get the rest for use with your own block?

http://www.slponline.com/browse_list.asp?SPC=enp

If I decide to start going wild with the car I'd like to stroke it so I'm just trying to learn what all that'll entail. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first off.... slp sucks....see sponcer list to the right there are several that can stroke you (no pun) and it wont fall to ****.(futural and mti are good)

as to why get the block,
well its an assembled shortblock, saves you down time and build effort,
also it is very easy to sell a ls1 short block on ebay... trying to sell just your stock internals is much harder...in the end it cost less to get the block too.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

futral, ape, hpe, mti, tsp, fastech, just to name a few....
Old 09-30-2004, 08:09 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah I know there are others. I was just on their website getting something else and was debating the block question.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:13 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well if you just get a rotating assemby you'll need to take your old block and have it machinced. buying a shortbock saves you the trouble. the SLP setup also has no core charge so you can keep your old shortblock if you'd like.