Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power increase question

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004 | 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Default Power increase question

Hey guys,
I am thinking of getting a sts kit this spring to put on my 2000 t/a. My question is, What is the difference in power going to feel like. Im going to be running it at 5psi and plan on increasing in the future, but for now just the way it comes. I am having a hard time trying to imagine what the power is going to be like. I went from driving a 99 grand am to a 2000 trans am and the power increase is over 120 horsepower, is it going to be like going from the grand am to the trans am all over again?
Old 10-11-2004 | 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

It'll definitely be very very noticeable, but it probably won't feel like the jump from the grand am to the trans am. It follows along the lines of it's easy to get from 13s to 12s, and harder from 12s to 11s etc. The faster your car is, you need even greater power increases to get to the next level. I hope this helps and makes some sense.
Old 10-11-2004 | 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MJSLude99
It'll definitely be very very noticeable, but it probably won't feel like the jump from the grand am to the trans am. It follows along the lines of it's easy to get from 13s to 12s, and harder from 12s to 11s etc. The faster your car is, you need even greater power increases to get to the next level. I hope this helps and makes some sense.
It does make sense. I think maybe i should rephrase my question tho, is there anyway for anyone to quantify what the jump from 300 hp to over 400 hp is going to be like? I have never been in a car that has more hp than mine.
Old 10-11-2004 | 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tars7
It does make sense. I think maybe i should rephrase my question tho, is there anyway for anyone to quantify what the jump from 300 hp to over 400 hp is going to be like? I have never been in a car that has more hp than mine.
Well, something like this is always based on individual setups. By going turbo, the best way I can describe the feeling is this: with a smaller turbo it'll be a little bit weak on the low end, the power will hit hard and pull strong through the mid-range and usally will flatten out quite a bit up top.