Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine cost! Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine cost! Help

I know this question may have been asked before, I have been calling around already as well as looking at generally every site I can click on [My hand is tired from clicking] but I would like to know [if you don't mind saying] how much in total new engines have cost some of you guys out there?

As far as a "NEW" engine, I'm talking about diffrent blocks, iron etc. And diffrent ci, such as a 383 ci, 402 ci, and 427 ci. These engines are the ones I am really intersted in. How much have they cost to build and to tune etc in totally, if you have a estimate that would also be nice. If you wouldn't mind too, tell me where you have found the best deals. APE, MTI, SLP, all seem to have highs and lows. I'm saving the money for the engine, and currently have a 12 bolt to install, as well as new shifter, clutch, driveshaft, flywheel etc hopefully enough to handle the kind of power I want to run [Any power you get out of your motor doesn't matter, compression would be nice to know as well]

I just thought I would ask what people have found, how much and how it works out for them for my future plans, and the future is basically now for me. I love having a job thank you
Old 10-19-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude if you looking for an engine to build or work on ( just what i got from your post correct me if iam wrong) just go on ebay and get your self a whole engine maibe even with a trany and the pcm for like 2k it's gona be cheap and what do you care if the engine was abuse, if teh rings leak, or the pistons aren't in good shape if you gona work it it dont matter.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, but I don't mind spending money. I just wanted to know how much everything has cost people. Ebay does not normally have stroked LS1's for sale. A ton of LS1 engines which have been pulled and are being sold on ebay, but I have a LS1 engine like that in my car. I am looking to run boost through my car, so I need a strong block, and I wanted to have a larger motor while I am at it, might as well make a good combo.