Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to install grill ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how to install grill ???

hey, i just recieved my SS grill from slp & i am wondering how to get the old grill off???the old one has no holes in it that i can see but the new one has holes in it with those plastic christmas tree pieces that holds it on the car.how do i do this with out messing something up!!!!!!! thanx john
Old 02-15-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

just grap it and pull hard. You may think I'm kidding, but everyone else will tell you the same thing!
Old 02-15-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres tabs on each side of the old grille and 2 on the top and bottom. The best way I know of getting it out is to take a screw driver without scrating your paint and pry on the side of it. Then grab the grille and pull it towards you. The grab a pair of side cutter's and cut the top and bottom tabs off the grille. Then just cut the top and bottom tabs completly off. That's about the jist of it. Yanking real hard will probably work to. Just which ever on you feel comfortable with.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Veteran

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...+remove+grille
Old 02-15-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by travisnd
just grap it and pull hard. You may think I'm kidding, but everyone else will tell you the same thing!

Some things just never go out of style. If that doesn't work, you can take your pick of a few other greats; "Get a bigger hammer," "Find a role of Duct Tape," or "Pick yourself up a few cans of WD-40."

If you know those few rules, life will be full of easy choices.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaptUSA
Some things just never go out of style. If that doesn't work, you can take your pick of a few other greats; "Get a bigger hammer," "Find a role of Duct Tape," or "Pick yourself up a few cans of WD-40."

If you know those few rules, life will be full of easy choices.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Rip it out, doesnt hurt anything, it seems as though your about to break something, but after a few good tuggs it pops off. Much easier and painless than taking front bumper off.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camarodave98
Rip it out, doesnt hurt anything, it seems as though your about to break something, but after a few good tuggs it pops off. Much easier and painless than taking front bumper off.
hey,i want to thank everyone for the info!!!!!!!!! john
Old 02-16-2005, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

an SLP product without instructions?????, check their website http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=50388 , or try this
http://www.slponline.com/inst/50388.pdf
thats what i did when i changed my grill, i swapped mine so i wouldnt have the license plate bracket anymore, looked so ugly before
Old 02-16-2005, 01:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I assume the "yank" method makes the old grille unable to be re-installed. I also assume the only way to remove the old grille and keep it in condition to be re-installed is by pulling the bumper. I dont like the sound of the "yank" method.

I'm going to have to run a front plate. My stock grille doesnt have holes or a plate mount on it.(Came from Oklahoma) What I think I want to do is pull the grill and install a plate mount on the panel. Vertigo, a member here, has it done. I like how it looks. I need to go buy the plate mount though.

The panel behind the grille is already painted just like the rest of the car right?

Vertigo told me that he pulled his grille and the plate mount bolted up where the grille was with no problems. Anyone else do this???
Old 02-24-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yank method is great, just did it today. Like others said, I had my worries, and could have sworn something was about to break when I was doing it, but everything worked out just fine.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rainman
Yank method is great, just did it today. Like others said, I had my worries, and could have sworn something was about to break when I was doing it, but everything worked out just fine.
hey, well my ***** finally grew big enough to do the yank method,it was much easier than i envisioned!!! nothen to it,a big thanx to every one!!! john
Old 06-11-2010, 11:54 AM

Default =

Yeah i jsut bought a grill for my 06 impala ss, wanting to install tomoro, it is a 4peaice grill, main grill, top grill, and the fog light grills also. Are all four grills just as easy to remove?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:40 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,740 Likes on 1,247 Posts

LOL! Hello 5 year old thread.

Originally Posted by ChaseIt
Yeah i jsut bought a grill for my 06 impala ss, wanting to install tomoro, it is a 4peaice grill, main grill, top grill, and the fog light grills also. Are all four grills just as easy to remove?
You might want to ask/search about that in the LS4 section. Not sure if anyone in this section will have an answer for you.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an OEM grille to replace my old one on the SS, need to take off the old and replace it the same replacement grille. I got it from Classic Industries and it didnt come with any hardware or nuts.

Quick Reply: how to install grill ???