Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeek!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeek!!!!!!

I have joined the land of the infamous fbody squeak. I bought my car about a month ago took it into the dealer, was having the infamous squeak when cold goes away when warm issue. They tightened some stuff and lubed some stuff. Still squeaked more, they tightened more stuff, lubed more stuff, they finally replaced the passenger LCA bushing. Cold squeak gone!

Hot squeak emerge So now I have this hot squeak. As you drive the car around and it warms up more it becomes very noticeable. When you slow down for a stoplight or stop sign I get a lovely squeak when I apply the brakes (as the weight shifts forward), then when I left of the brakes and the car comes to a neutral balance (alla stopped at a light/stop sign) and then I get another squeak when I start moving again (the weight gets transferred to the rear). You can make the suspension squeak like all holy hell if you pump the brakes ie get on the brakes, off the brakes, on the brakes, off the breaks in essence making the car "buck". (noise as far as I can tell comes from both the back and the front, louder in the back)

When the car is cold you can go to all the fenders and push/pull do whatever and they don’t make a noise. After the car starts making the squeak you can get out and pull up/push down on any fender and you will get a squeak. Also once it starts making the noise you can go over speed bumps and the front will make a slight squeak, and the back if I recall correctly won’t.

Any Idea’s?

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2005, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default sway bar bushings

Take off the rear sway bar bushings, then put lost of grese in them, put 'em back on, and you will be amazed.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jammon46
Take off the rear sway bar bushings, then put lost of grese in them, put 'em back on, and you will be amazed.
Hrm After re-reading what I wrote earlier I should add what’s been tightened/lubed.

Tightened: about everything in the rear suspension.

Lubed: Sway bar bushings, sway bar end links, lower control arm bushings, panhard bar bushings.

All that got rid of the goes over bumps/its cold sharp squeak. Now I have one that only shows it head after the car has been driven for a while like over 15 miles (I think it really depends on how much stopping and going and turning and how bumpy the roads are). And it happens every time the weight of the car is transferred. But it is especially noticeable when the car is stopping/taking off.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Easiest way to find it is to get a few friends together and go cruising. When the squeak starts find a parking lot or some empty concrete somewhere and get a couple of friends outside the car and a couple inside the car to see if you can narrow it down.

Really, you can probably get by with just one friend, but if you take several you can all go out to celebrate if you succeed in locating the squeak!

Some shops also have some kind of magnetic mircophone that you stick under the car and listen to while you drive - they just keep moving it around until the find the problem. Time consuming, but it usually works.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did anyone check the front suspention?
Old 03-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Banned

Wow.. sometimes I wonder how you people would live in a car like mine. I have rear end whine... cam lope.... loud *** exhaust.. t top squeak.... rear suspension squeak... I am missing the sound material underneath my center console so all the road noise comes up and greets me in the face... missing my weather stripping **** on the inside of my door panels so you get a nice breeze on your arm even with the windows rolled up...

But ya know.. I romp on it.. and I don't seem to give a **** about any of the other things anymore.. wonder why that is? :-D

Quick Reply: Squeek!!!!!!