Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problems

aright i was at the track today and i did horrible. I was running from 109-111 mph but my et was like 13.2 I have all of the things listed in my sig except the lid isnt installed yet...also my shifter makes a wierd noise on the way down from a rev...it sounds like its slipping but my auto teacher said it might just not be cooled down enough...i let it cool and it wasnt bad..anyone know if my clutch is maybe going bad?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:19 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

elaborate on the noise some more, does it stop when you push the clutch pedal in? explain exactly what's happening.

and BTW - i think its called a Dr. Gas x-pipe, not Dr. Gasket
Old 04-29-2005, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

its sounds like a rattling noise almost...it sounds like the clutch is slipping a little but it isnt i dont think.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

ok blur...im gonna go ahead and get this clutch after reading about peoples damn feet nearly geting sawed off by clutches exploding at high rpm's.. http://www.texas-speed.com/item_deta...ProductID=1289 can i stick with my stock flywheel though because i cant afford a new one and my friend said as long as i get the clutch ill be safe...is this right?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:28 PM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres a ton of stuff that can rattle, sometimes noise can be transmitted from the rear end, thru the driveshaft, and up thru the shifter boot. 5 minutes before my rear end blew up, i thought the tranny was going out

maby your pilot bearing is toast? maby your throwout bearing is fried? there a whole lot of stuff. most people think that if they are going to pull out the tranny, that they should go ahead and replace the clutch while they're in there. i've pulled mine twice, so i would just pull it and check to see if there is any easy problems, because its only a 1 hour job, and because i'm broke as hell, your case might be different however.

as long as your flywheel hasnt been re-surfaced before, you can have it turned down some to true it up before you put a new clutch on it. you will of course then have to shim out your slave cylinder, which i would buy new if i was you.

i think with the ram clutches, you have to either buy their adjustable master cylinder, or make yours adjustable. this is a pretty simple process that you can read about if you search some. the ram adjustable master is simply a new OEM piece with the same modifications performed that you would do youself. the McCloud or whatever its called master cylinder is a totally different piece from stock.

if i was you, looking at the mods you have and are planning on getting, go with the z06 clutch kit from SDPC. its 350 bux and comes WITH a new flywheel

they also have new slave cylinders for about 115 bux i think

a new pilot bearing should run you about 15 bux from the stealership or a sponser (got mine from TSP w/ my exhaust

check out SDPC ------>