Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle problem

Im having a little bit of Idle troube. Whenever Im driving and push in the clutch and let it out of gear my idle goes way up like to 2000 or sometimes up to 3000 and takes for ever for it to come down to normal even if Im sitting still it will stay there for awhile before it will come down. It doesnt do it every time but more often then not and seems to be worse when its hotter outside.. but that could just be me.. Only thing Ive done to the car recently is put a ported t/b on it..
Old 06-16-2005, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost guarnteed it's related to the new throttle body. Do you have a check engine light?

Your throttle body blade is probably sticking. I suggest taking the TB off and cleaning it while checking for smooth operation.
Old 06-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Launching!

nope no check engine light.. the throttle was sticking before but I took it off and cleaned it out. now Im almost positive its closing smoothly..If it was just sticking I dont think I would see the RPMs rise back up before they came down
Old 06-17-2005, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I somehow forgot the part where you say the idle goes up before slowly falling. I just jumped right to the "new throttle body, check blade for smooth operation" knee-jerk response. TTT for you.

I don't know what else to tell you, but the throttle body is still highly suspect in my book. Just too much of a coincidence....
Old 06-19-2005, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Yeah Im sure its T/B related just trying to figure out what.. because the throttle is smooh and when I let out the pedal comes all the way up