Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifter Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shifter Installed

Well, I finally got around to installing the Pro 5.0 Shifter and Lou's Shortstick. Was actually easier than I thought. For a guy who thinks it's a big deal to change plugs/wires. Feels way different than the stock hurst, gotta get used to that short shifter handle. Went for a drive after the install, felt good and solid. The install university site was the instructions I used, I recommend them.

So, trying a few burnouts (trying to get used to the LS1 compared to my old 5.0). Did a first gear burn, and I think I shifted to 4th after. I thought I wrecked my clutch, engine bogged, and my clutch pedal felt real weird, I thought I had killed it. But, still good, did the uphill test in 5th, worked great, speed increased with RPM.

Just thought I would post my thoughts to anyone considering this mod.

This mod =
Old 07-17-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Regular

Took me some time to get used to my ls1 too after having a old 5.0. I find my pr05.0 to be harder to use than my stock hurst stick.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the guy that does Install University and his car is the car that got me hooked on LS1's. I have videos of him racing down the track alot. I really like my stock hurst shifter with my Lou's short stick. Everbody is different.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Teching In

I ordered my pro 5.0 and LSS from afterthoughts auto last Tuesday and am waiting for it, glad to hear u like it, how long did it take u to install it? And by the way I am also a former 5.0 owner, I loved my Mustang but there's nothing like an LS1
Old 07-17-2005, 10:38 PM
Launching!

Aftermarket thoughts is where I got mine from (Got the last LSS).

The install was about 2 hours, had a friend to help, but not necessary. It was easy. Have fun, take your time, and drink beer!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:22 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey man,

Good to hear someone posting about what they think of an install...

Did you notice any increased tranny noise in the cabin after install?

That was one thing I noticed after installing a Steeda shifter in a Fox Mustang...I hated it.The shifter was great,just sounded terrible in the car when excellerating...

Thanks!-Milt