New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

traction control

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok well i was one of those people who found it pointless...then one day when it was off and I was on DRY pavement I ended up almost doing a 180* into a gaurdrail just going around someone....and then another day when it was ON it was raining..I was in 5th gear at 55 mph and accelerating slowly (obviously) merging into traffic and suddenly the traction control kicked in...if i didnt have traction control I am pretty sure I would have started to spin around...which was in an instant and unexpected being I was accelerating so damn slowly with BRAND NEW tires....so tractions control is a good thing no matter what ANYBODY says...when you are performance driving then it is not...and when you are trying to take off in the snow (if you drive in the snow) it is not...but just normal driving situations when you would NEVER think you would need traction control....that is when it SAVES YOUR ***
Old 04-07-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I am sitting in my dorm not doing my home work right now I drive a peweter WS-6 with black black bird stripes. You wern't down at AZ Power & Sound the other day were you?

~Alex
Old 04-07-2006, 03:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

its nice in the snow or rain
Old 04-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ninetres
pull the TCS fuse
Thanks, but that's not an option. I like the tcs to be there when i need it.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wdtiger
Thanks, but that's not an option. I like the tcs to be there when i need it.
NEED it? Like when?
Old 04-10-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

NEED it? Like when?
When you least expect it...
Old 04-11-2006, 03:12 AM
Teching In

NEED it? Like when?
There's this stuff that falls from the sky called "rain" and, if the conditions are right, sometimes "snow"

Old 04-11-2006, 07:02 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by wdtiger
There's this stuff that falls from the sky called "rain" and, if the conditions are right, sometimes "snow"

You shouldn't post pics of your little sister, she isn't here to defend herself.

I have driven in horrid thunderstorms with no problems. If you drive a camaro in the snow, you have problems.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Traction control benefits people who treat their gas pedal like an on/off switch. It also helps people who lack the experience to predict and adjust to changing road conditions. Considering how often people get caught up in cell phone conversations, visual diversions, looking for a CD, et... it can possibly help by catching something when you're not paying attention.

From my experience, it has nearly caused several accidents while saving none. By the time it kicks in, it has already allowed the back of the car to slide to one side or the other enough that does not prevent losing traction... it fights against a smooth recovery by immediately killing the throttle. It would be a better system in my opinion if it would smoothly decrease throttle instead of the sudden let off.

When the car is on snow or ice, it allows the wheels to spin quite a bit before it engages which means you get zero traction from a dead stop. I start out in second or even third gear to reduce the torque through the gearbox and have far less problems.

I would personally not order a car with TCS if I had the choice though I would not refuse to buy one if it came with it. I'd just shut it off every time I get in like I do now.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:20 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by NoSlowSS
I would personally not order a car with TCS if I had the choice though I would not refuse to buy one if it came with it. I'd just shut it off every time I get in like I do now.
pull the fuse = no more hitting that F-in switch everytime you turn the key.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

I hate it!! Try pulling out in traffic at the last minute and spin your tires a little, you're left like a sitting duck with cars barreling towards you---and you hit the throttle again, and the damn TCS is engaged. It happened to me once, and I'll never drive with it on again!