Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning

I am thinking of tuning my 2002 camaro z28(5.7l ls1 auto) myself with hypertech tuning. Should I get it professionally tuned and dyno for printed results of do it myself with hypertech? Also, for my first mods, I was thinking, slp lid, cold air induction, vigilante 3200 stall, and re gearing the rear to 3.73 with the $ I have now. Headers and mid pipe, cam, porting the throttle body to come later. When, in this process should I get it tuned?
Old 05-29-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

A HPP will only let you add timing for engine tuning. It's a download only tune.Ther is no user adjustment.Have your car tuned or buy the equipment and learn as you go.
My.02
Hawk
Old 05-29-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HPP isn't much for really tuning the car, it's very superficial in what it does, you can either have it tuned at a shop near you, or buy the software, and learn to do it yourself
As for when to do the tune, usually once you delve into the internals (cam) is when a tune is required, if you can see if you can get a deal where you get the car tuned (for full price), then for a retune the price is discounted
You'll benefit from a tune after the stall and rear gears (to set the trans shift points, and correct the speedo)
FWIW I'd do the lid, headers and rest of the exhaust, and the ported TB first, then do the stall, rear gears, and the cam, then get it tuned
Old 05-29-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't waste your money on the hypertech. Get the car professionally tuned.

Your beginning mod list looks good. But i wouldn't waste the money on the 3.73's since you're gonna put a stall in right away.