Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

some help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some help

ok guys i am starting to do mods on my car but little by little so what you recommend i get first some headers or the ls6 intake...they both run the same but i am doing this little by little...whats the advice on this one
Old 10-26-2006, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Start with simple stuff and work your way up in complexity. First mod would be a air lid. The headers would be second as the headers on the f-bodies kinda suck. Than i would do a ls6 intake maniold. Cat back exhaust & y pipe ( or you can do true duals).
Now it starts getting tricky, head cam package (with proper drivetrain enhancements), nitrous, electric water pump and an ls6 or slp oil pump.

Read the stickies, they are your friend.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by like the view?
Start with simple stuff and work your way up in complexity. First mod would be a air lid. The headers would be second as the headers on the f-bodies kinda suck. Than i would do a ls6 intake maniold. Cat back exhaust & y pipe ( or you can do true duals).
Now it starts getting tricky, head cam package (with proper drivetrain enhancements), nitrous, electric water pump and an ls6 or slp oil pump.

Read the stickies, they are your friend.
+1 Stickies and search are your friends.

Start mildly so you can take time to research your mods and learn more about your car. Lid is a good start, then exhaust, then get more into the engine, TB-manifold-cam things like that. Research for your mods is HUGE and make sure each mod is complimentary to the other, there is no "best" you just need to decide what you want the car to do (goals) and then mod accordingly.